Multiple Sclerosis Patient Education
How to Prepare for Your Multiple Sclerosis Doctor Visit
Having made your appointment with a healthcare provider, there are certain actions that you need to take in order to maximize the benefit of your multiple sclerosis doctor visit which are listed below in this patient education guide.
- Bring a list of all medications that are currently being taken. Note the dosage of each medication.
- Bring a list of all symptoms experienced, with a time line such as when they started, when they stopped, what made them worse
- Take a list of allergies
- Have a list of all past medical history including surgery, medical problems and the dates of each
For an MRI:
- Wear clothes without any metal
- Remove all jewelry, Glasses, hearing aids, dentures, wallet
- Remove cosmetics/make-up
- Remove any prosthetic devices