Multiple Sclerosis Patient Education
Questions to Ask Your Doctor About Multiple Sclerosis
From your initial diagnosis throughout your treatment and care, you will have questions about multiple sclerosis. Listed in this patient education guide are questions to discuss with your doctor so you can make informed decisions about your condition.
Question About My Diagnosis
- What caused my multiple sclerosis?
- How do you diagnose the condition?
- What type of MS do I have? What stages will I experience?
- Are there other conditions that can be confused with MS? Are there other conditions associated with MS?
- Should I see a specialist?
Questions About My Treatment
- Is there treatment for MS? If so, which do you advise?
- How is the treatment administered? What are the side effects?
- Can the treatment keep me in remission?
- Are there alternative therapies that you recommend?
- Are there clinical trials that I could enroll in?
Questions About My Lifestyle & Family
- Is MS hereditary?
- Are there activities that I should avoid
- Will I still be able to work? Can I drive?
- Is there a special diet that you advise?
- Is there exercise to improve my condition?