Osteoporosis Patient Education
Questions to Ask Your Doctor About Osteoporosis
From your initial diagnosis throughout your treatment and care, you will have questions about your osteoporosis. Please read our osteoporosis patient education guide below so that you can make informed decisions about your condition.
Question About My Diagnosis
- How often do I need to take a bone density test? Are they accurate?
- What does the T score mean?
- Should I have a blood test for this condition?
- Can I cure the condition? Can I keep it from getting worse?
Questions About My Treatment
- Can I treat my condition with exercise? If so, how much exercise?
- Would hormone therapy improve my condition?
- What are the side effects of medication?
- Can I take the medication with the drugs that I am currently taking? Are there any contraindications?
Questions About My Lifestyle & Family
- Is osteoporosis genetic?
- What medications put me at higher risk for osteoporosis?
- What foods should I avoid?
- What vitamins should I take?
- Are there lifestyle changes that would improve my bone health?
- How can I prevent my bones from breaking?