Severe Persistent Asthma Patient Education
Questions to Ask Your Doctor About Severe Persistent Asthma
Below is a list of questions to discuss with your doctor so you can make informed decisions about your severe asthma issues.
Questions About My Diagnosis
- What are the diagnostic tests required for my condition?
- Why I have developed severe persistent asthma?
- What is the cause of severe asthma? What are the signs of emergency?
Questions About My Treatment
- Is severe persistent asthma treatable?
- Do I have to be on steroids for rest of my life?
- How do I use inhaler?
- What are the medications that I have to avoid?
- What are the side effects of medications prescribed? How we can avoid those side effects?
- What are the medications that I have to carry with me all the time?
Questions About My Lifestyle & Family
- Are there certain places or foods that need to be avoided?
- Are there lifestyle habits I can change to get some asthma relief and reduce my risk of an asthma attack?
- Is asthma hereditary? Can I pass it to my children?
- Will severe asthma symptoms affect my family and work?