How to Prepare for Your Skin Cancer Doctor Visit
Having made your appointment with a healthcare provider, there are certain actions that you need to take in order to maximize the benefit of your doctor visit for your skin cancer screening and appointment:
- Bring a past medical history and family history to the office with you.
- Make a note of any skin lesions or change in pigment to alert the physician.
- Wear loose clothing and undergarments for a full body skin exam.
- Leave your shyness and embarrassment home – even areas covered by undergarments may be examined.
- Stop aspirin a week prior to the exam if there is any possibility of biopsies.