Skin Cancer Questions to Ask
Questions to Ask Your Doctor about Skin CancerFrom your initial diagnosis throughout your treatment and care, you will have questions about your skin cancer. Listed below in this skin cancer patient education guide are helpful questions for you to discuss with your doctor so you can make informed decisions about your condition.
- Has my skin cancer spread? If so, how far?
- What is my prognosis? Can I be cured?
- Are there other conditions associated with this diagnosis?
- An all the skin cancer be removed? Can I be cured or will it reoccur?
- Are there treatments besides surgery? What happens if I don’t have the surgery?
- How long will I need to undergo treatment? What are the side effects?
- How can I avoid scarring?
- Can I prevent recurrence?
- Will I get other types of cancer?
- How frequently do I need follow-up appointments?
- Does this run in families?
- How do I protect my family from getting skin cancer?
- Can I go out in daylight or must I stay indoors?
- Is there a special diet or vitamin supplement to protect me?
- Must I wear long-sleeved shirts?
- Is there special protective clothing to protect me?