Anchorage Adolescent Specialists
- 2 Board certified
- 9 Reviews
- Average rating is 3.6 stars
- Average wait time is 7.5 minutes
What are Adolescent Doctors?
Adolescent specialists are doctors who have advanced training in the health issues that adolescents face. These physicians deal with issues like the onset of puberty, reproductive health, eating disorders, irregular periods, mood changes, drugs and pressures from home and school. For girls entering adulthood, adolescent specialists can act as both pediatrician and gynecologist, so they only have to see one doctor for all their needs.
Adolescent specialists treat or diagnose teens for the following conditions:
- sports injuries
- Adolescent Idiopathic scoliosis
- growth/development issues
- reproductive/sexuality issues
- eating disorders
- learning and attention problems
- depression, anxiety and other mental health problems
The area of Anchorage, AK has a population of approximately 968,148 people. There are 4 adolescent specialists near Anchorage, which gives it a ratio of 1 adolescent specialist per 242,037 residents or a ratio of 1 adolescent specialist per 90,801 households. There are 363,204 households in Anchorage.