Yuma Cardiothoracic Surgeons
- 8 Board certified
- 3 Award winners
- 44 Reviews
- Average rating is 3.3 stars
- Average wait time is 17.6 minutes
What are Cardiothoracic Doctors?
A cardiothoracic surgeon is a doctor who performs surgery on the organs inside the chest - the heart and lungs - as well as on the great vessels.
Some of the procedures that cardiothoracic surgeons perform are:
- Angioplasty - to correct a blocked artery and increase blood flow to the heart
- Heart valve replacement - to replace a damaged or abnormal valve with a functioning one
- Atherectomy - increases blood flow by removing plaque from a blocked artery
- Bypass surgery - arteries are taken from other parts of the body and moved to the heart in order to bypass blocked arteries, allowing blood flow to the heart
- Heart transplant - replacing a diseased heart with a healthy heart from a donor
- Stent - a stent is a wire mesh tube that is inserted into an artery in order to keep it open and enable the blood to pass through
The area of Yuma, AZ has a population of approximately 425,673 people. There are 11 cardiothoracic surgeons near Yuma, which gives it a ratio of 1 cardiothoracic surgeon per 38,698 residents or a ratio of 1 cardiothoracic surgeon per 13,919 households. There are 153,114 households in Yuma.