Summerville Cardiothoracic Surgeons
- 2 Reviews
- Average rating is 1 stars
- Average wait time is 10 minutes
Top Cardiothoracic Surgeons in Summerville, SC
A cardiothoracic surgeon is a doctor who performs surgery on the organs inside the chest - the heart and lungs - as well as on the great vessels.
Some of the procedures that cardiothoracic surgeons perform are:
- Angioplasty - to correct a blocked artery and increase blood flow to the heart
- Heart valve replacement - to replace a damaged or abnormal valve with a functioning one
- Atherectomy - increases blood flow by removing plaque from a blocked artery
- Bypass surgery - arteries are taken from other parts of the body and moved to the heart in order to bypass blocked arteries, allowing blood flow to the heart
- Heart transplant - replacing a diseased heart with a healthy heart from a donor
- Stent - a stent is a wire mesh tube that is inserted into an artery in order to keep it open and enable the blood to pass through
The area of Summerville, SC has a population of approximately 111,788 people. There is 1 cardiothoracic surgeon near Summerville, which gives it a ratio of 1 cardiothoracic surgeon per 111,788 residents or a ratio of 1 cardiothoracic surgeon per 41,543 households. There are 41,543 households in Summerville.