Atlantic Beach Obstetricians & Gynecologists
- Jacksonville, FL - 176 Obstetricians & Gynecologists
- Neptune Beach, FL - 4 Obstetricians & Gynecologists
- Jacksonville Beach, FL - 17 Obstetricians & Gynecologists
- Ponte Vedra Beach, FL - 1 Obstetricians & Gynecologists
- Fernandina Beach, FL - 3 Obstetricians & Gynecologists
- Saint Johns, FL - 1 Obstetricians & Gynecologists
Top Obstetricians & Gynecologists in Atlantic Beach, FL
An obstetrician & gynecologist, or OB/GYN, is a physician who specializes in the diagnosis and treatment of disorders of the female reproductive system (gynecologist), as well as the care of women who are pregnant and the delivery of babies (obstetrician). Many physicians specialize in both of these fields in order to provide complete overall health services to women at any stage of life.
Some common sub-specialties of obstetrician/gynecologists are:
- Maternal-fetal medicine: special focus on high-risk pregnancies
- Reproductive endocrinology and infertility: a focus on finding the cause of and treatment for infertility
- Gynecological oncology: diagnosis and treatment of cancers of the female reproductive system
- Family planning: advice on contraception, as well as abortion
- Menopausal and geriatric gynecology: treatment of women going through menopause as well as senior citizens
The area of Atlantic Beach, FL has a population of approximately 23,673 people. There is 1 obstetrician & gynecologist near Atlantic Beach, which gives it a ratio of 1 obstetrician & gynecologist per 23,673 residents or a ratio of 1 obstetrician & gynecologist per 8,858 households. There are 8,858 households in Atlantic Beach.