Lees Summit Obstetricians & Gynecologists
- 55 Board certified
- 17 Award winners
- 287 Reviews
- Average rating is 3.4 stars
- Average wait time is 18.3 minutes
What are OBGYN Doctors?
An obstetrician & gynecologist, or OB/GYN, is a physician who specializes in the diagnosis and treatment of disorders of the female reproductive system (gynecologist), as well as the care of women who are pregnant and the delivery of babies (obstetrician). Many physicians specialize in both of these fields in order to provide complete overall health services to women at any stage of life.
Some common sub-specialties of obstetrician/gynecologists are:
- Maternal-fetal medicine: special focus on high-risk pregnancies
- Reproductive endocrinology and infertility: a focus on finding the cause of and treatment for infertility
- Gynecological oncology: diagnosis and treatment of cancers of the female reproductive system
- Family planning: advice on contraception, as well as abortion
- Menopausal and geriatric gynecology: treatment of women going through menopause as well as senior citizens
The area of Lees Summit, MO has a population of approximately 288,447 people. There are 60 obstetricians & gynecologists near Lees Summit, which gives it a ratio of 1 obstetrician & gynecologist per 4,807 residents or a ratio of 1 obstetrician & gynecologist per 1,817 households. There are 109,041 households in Lees Summit.