Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Ahmer Qamar has 2 locations
Book Online Now
Dr. Ahmer Qamar has the following 1 specialty
- General Dentistry
A dentist is a doctor who diagnoses and treats oral health issues. The most basic services dentists provide are preventative and regular maintenance treatments such as cleanings, fluoride treatments, X-rays (to look for cavities), cavity fillings. He or she also provides advice on proper brushing, flossing, and rinsing for the prevention of plaque buildup.
Dr. Ahmer Qamar has the following 8 expertise
- Root Canal
- Dental Check-up
Showing 4 of 4
Self-verified patient of Dr. Ahmer Qamar - Posted on April 24th, 2017
even with severe dental anxiety, I find dr. qamar's attitude amazingly patient. I require nitrous for anything and he never complains! he just does what ever he needs to do, to help get me in the chair, get the work done I need done, and he truly cares about me as a patient and person. I don't know if i'll ever be able to sit in the chair and not have anxiety attacks. but at least with dr. qamar, I'm able to get into the chair at all. he truly is an amazing doctor.
Best Dentist office around###! If you love to be a part of a family you are always welcomed here.
Self-verified patient of Dr. Ahmer Qamar - Posted on February 7th, 2017
Educated but Fast-Paced
Self-verified patient of Dr. Ahmer Qamar - Posted on February 13th, 2014
Dr. Qamar is a good dentist, but he did not do the best job on my root canal. I have had an Endodontist (specialist) do a root canal on my #30 tooth, and it took roughly 3 hours to be completed. Dr. Qamar did both of my lower molars (#18/#31) in 3 hours, right before closing time. #18 ended up becoming infected because of material left inside from the procedure and, he also missed cleaning/sealing a canal. All this was discovered and told to me by the specialist. I realize that these things happen, but if you need a root canal, see an Endodontist who has more experience on dealing with root canals.
The Best Dentist
Self-verified patient of Dr. Ahmer Qamar - Posted on August 3rd, 2012
Dr.Qamar is the best dentist I've ever had. I go to him and I take my family including my 7 year old son.He has the best personality and the best bed-side manner. I am a pediatrician I like to believe that I know what a good approach to a child patient is. Dr.Qamar approaches children in a very friendly manner and he wins their trust immediately. I have great trust in his knowledge, diagnosis and treatment decisions. I tell all my friends about him because I know they'll get the best care at his office. I drive about 35 minutes from Dearborn to see him at his office in Warren and I really believe it is worth it. Best Dentist!!
Patients' Choice Award (2014)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
Dr. Ahmer Qamar Accepts the Following Insurance
- Aetna DMO
- Aetna DPPO
- Ameritas PPO
- Assurant DHA
- Assurant DHA Premier
Blue Cross California
- BCCA Dental Blue 100/200/300
- CIGNA Radius Network
- CIGNA Total DPPO
- CompBenefits AdvantagePlus Plans
- CompBenefits PPO
- Delta Dental Premier
Dental Network of America
- Dental Network of America DPPO
- DenteMax Dental
- Emblem Dental - Preferred Plus
- Guardian DentalGuard Preferred
- Guardian Managed DentalGuard
- Humana Dental PPO
- MetLife PDP
- Principal Dental PPO
- United Concordia Advantage Plus PPO
- United Concordia Alliance
- United Concordia National Fee-For-Service
United Healthcare Dental
- United Healthcare Dental PPO
More about Dr. Ahmer Qamar
Ahmer Qamar, MSD, BDS, BSC Education: Indiana University Purdue, Indianapolis, IN; MSD University of Karachi (UK); BDS & BSC Dental Area of Focus: Family General Dentistry Cosmetic, Implant, Endodontics, Dentures, Pedodontics and Geriatric Dentistry Notable Achievements, Certifications, Recognitions: Best Table Clinic (UK), IADR (International Academy of Dental Research, 2007 Presenter/Teacher at IUPUI, 2003-2004 Affiliated/Dental-related Associations and Organizations: American Dental Association Michigan Dental Association American Academy of Cosmetic Dentistry (AACD) American Academy of Operative Dentistry (AAOD) Volunteer/Community Involvement: 2010 Give Kids A Smile at Morse Elementary, Troy, MI Message to patients: “The dentist’s office doesn’t have to be a scary place – we want you to be comfortable and know all your options.” Hometown: Michigan Hobbies/Interests: Art, painting, reading and spending time with family and friends.
Locations & Directions
Dr. Ahmer Qamar is similar to the following 4 Dentists near Warren, MI.