- Ulcerative Colitis Get the facts about ulcerative colitis, including what causes it, signs and symptoms, and complications that can arise from the condition.
- Psoriatic Arthritis Get the facts about psoriatic arthritis, including who gets it, the symptoms, and the different types.
- Adult Asthma Get the facts about adult asthma, including who gets it, what triggers it, and how allergies can affect it.
- Fibromyalgia Get the facts about fibromyalgia, including the symptoms and conditions that may be related to it.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Alice Urbankova DDS, PHD
Alice Urbankova, DDS, PHD is a doctor primarily located in New York, NY, with another office in New York, NY. They have 20 years of experience. Their specialties include General Dentistry, General Practice, Periodontics.
Alice Urbankova has 2 locations
Alice Urbankova has the following 3 SPECIALTIES
Alice Urbankova has the following 22 expertise
- Bondings, Aesthetic Corrections
- Cosmetic Dentistry
- Crown Lengthening
- Crowns, Emax onlays & inlays
- Dental Implants
- Gingival Grafting
- Halitosis Treatment / Bad Breath Treatment
- LANAP, LIPIP
- Laser Regenerative Gum Procedures
- Periodontal Disease
- Preventative Care
- Pulp Capping and Laser Regenerative Treatments
- Root Canal Treatment
- Sensitive Teeth
- Teeth Bleaching ~ Whitening
- TMJ, Pain Management
- Tooth Decay Repair via Remineralization & Infiltration - ICON
- Tooth Extraction
20 Years Experience
Graduated in 2000
Alice Urbankova Accepts the Following Insurance
More about Alice Urbankova
Dr. Alice Urbankova is a graduate of Columbia University College of Dental Medicine. She began her full-time academic career at Columbia University College of Dental Medicine, in the Division of Operative Dentistry. Besides teaching students operative dentistry using traditional methods, she became engaged in teaching through simulation technology. She devised and implemented a virtual simulation teaching method in the pre-clinical curriculum to wide acclaim. Her research and expertise in simulation technology led to a consultancy with Image Navigation Ltd., and she trained and calibrated faculty at eight North American Dental Schools, and was a trainer and instructor at forty dental schools throughout North America and Europe in simulation teaching methods. She also became a consultant to IDEA Inc. and MOOG Inc., using both haptic technology for simulation learning and skill assessment. She was recruited to Stony Brook University School of Dental Medicine where she revised and implemented a new operative dentistry curriculum, with virtual reality simulation at its core. She became Division Director of Operative Dentistry, and besides teaching, clinical instruction, developing lectures and operative curriculum syllabi, she conducted numerous research projects validating simulation technology in dental education. She also became involved in research projects in areas on disease prevention and relationships to systemic health such as diabetes. She has lectured internationally, and is frequently an invited lecturer at international conferences such as the Association for Dental Education in Europe. She now holds an appointment as Clinical Assistant Professor at New York University College of Dentistry. Telemedicine visits are being offered to new and existing patients for various reasons such as tooth pain & gum disease. Dr. Urbankova's expertise can help navigate patients towards solutions without the requirement of an in-office visit.