Get the facts about birth control so you can decide which type is right for you.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Allan M Acton
Dr. Allan M Acton, DDS is a Dentist primarily located in Cary, NC. His specialties include General Dentistry. He speaks English.
Book Online Now
Dr. Allan M Acton has the following 1 specialty
- General Dentistry
A dentist is a doctor who diagnoses and treats oral health issues. The most basic services dentists provide are preventative and regular maintenance treatments such as cleanings, fluoride treatments, X-rays (to look for cavities), cavity fillings. He or she also provides advice on proper brushing, flossing, and rinsing for the prevention of plaque buildup.
Dr. Allan M Acton has the following 9 expertise
- Root Canal
- Dental Check-up
- Teeth Cleaning
Please contact the office for more information.
More about Dr. Allan M Acton
Meet Dr. Allan Acton Dr. Allan Acton opened Cary Family Dental in 2003 and since that time, has become one of the Triangle’s most accomplished and trusted dentists. He is a graduate of the Medical College of Virginia and completed his advanced dental education residency at the University of the Pacific School of Dentistry. In November 2007, Dr. Acton completed 216 hours of continued education in a nine-month implant continuum taught by the Triangle Dental Institute in Research Triangle Park, NC. His training included lectures, workshops, and one-on-one mentoring on implant surgical placement and restoration, associated bone preservation and ridge augmentation grafting, and connective tissue grafting. In 2008, Dr. Acton graduated with honors from The Hornbrook Group’s distinguished national training program and completed training on the DuraTHIN veneer. Dr. Acton is currently only one of four dentists in the state certified to provide DuraTHIN veneers and the only dentist certified in the Triangle and central NC area. That same year, Dr. Acton was voted “Best Cosmetic Dentist” in western Wake County by Cary Magazine readers and repeated the distinction for the second consecutive year in 2009. Most recently, Dr. Acton received a Fellowship Award from the International Congress of Oral Implantologists (ICOI). The ICOI was founded in 1972 and has 12,000 members worldwide in 89 countries. It is the world’s largest dental implant organization, as well as the world’s largest provider of continuing dental implant education and currently has 2,582 active Fellows in the United States. The awarding of Fellowship status is one of the highest honors a professional society, such as the ICOI, can bestow on a dental professional involved in oral implantology. Nominees achieve Fellowship status through their efforts in education, research and actual clinical experiences. Dr. Acton and Cary Family Dental are also committed to their community. Together, they have raised over $60,000 for the Smiles for Life campaign, an annual four-month long campaign sponsored by the Crown Council that raises money to help children facing serious health and educational problems. The practice also provides free dental health presentations to local preschools and elementary schools in order to teach children on the basics of proper dental care. Dr. Acton is happily married and has an adorable daughter.
Locations & DirectionsINTEGRATIVE DENTAL, 102 Fountain Brook Cir Ste A, Cary, NC
Dr. Allan M Acton is similar to the following 4 Dentists near Cary, NC.