Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Book Online Now
Dr. Burton G Gooch has the following 1 specialty
- General Dentistry
A dentist is a doctor who diagnoses and treats oral health issues. The most basic services dentists provide are preventative and regular maintenance treatments such as cleanings, fluoride treatments, X-rays (to look for cavities), cavity fillings. He or she also provides advice on proper brushing, flossing, and rinsing for the prevention of plaque buildup.
Dr. Burton G Gooch has the following 10 expertise
- Root Canal
- Dental Implants
- Tooth Whitening
- Dental Check-up
Showing 2 of 2
Most comforting dental office and staff
Self-verified patient of Dr. Burton G Gooch - Posted on December 22nd, 2016
Experience good- work, not so good
Self-verified patient of Dr. Burton G Gooch - Posted on December 18th, 2015
I had 3 fillings filled at this office and the teeth did not hurt prior. After the fillings, all 3 teeth continued to hurt. I gave it some time because I knew there could be some sensitivity for a while so I went back about 3 months later to which Dr. Gooch told me I may need a root canal because sometimes the cavities are more than a filling can fix. I agreed- but not all 3 teeth at the same time- all the teeth he worked on--seemed like an excuse to me at the time. I spent over $1000 there within a very short time and I expected more than an in-person interview about how my teeth were hurting. I went to my home based dentist and asked him to take a look. Eventually, I paid to have my home dentist re-do the fillings that Dr. Gooch did. Now, my teeth feel fine. I'm sure he is a great dentist, but I spent a lot of money there and if my teeth were still hurting, I feel that he should have offered to help more with the potential that the fillings could have been improved rather than jumping to the route canal route (more $$). My home dentist found decay underneath one of the fillings, as well, which should not have happened. I felt like Dr. Gooch was nice but did not want to admit the fillings may have needed extra work.
Dr. Burton G Gooch Accepts the Following Insurance
- Aetna DPPO
- Assurant DHA
- Assurant DHA Premier
- CIGNA Radius Network
- CIGNA Total DPPO
- Delta Dental Premier
Dental Network of America
- Dental Network of America DPPO
- Guardian DentalGuard Preferred
- MetLife PDP
- Principal Dental PPO
- United Concordia Advantage Plus PPO
- United Concordia Alliance
- United Concordia National Fee-For-Service
More about Dr. Burton G Gooch
Dr. Burton Gooch received his Doctor of Dental Surgery at the University of Tennessee, Memphis and his bachelors of Science from Auburn University in Biomedical Sciences. To broaden and further his education he did a General practice residency at the University of Alabama, Birmingham. Here he was able to take time to focus his efforts on cosmetic dentistry, implants and comprehensive dental care. His goal is to provide the latest products and techniques available for today’s lifestyle. For the anxious patient, he provides conscious sedation which is similar to sleeping through your dental appointment. He is involved in many professional societies such as: the American Dental Association, Academy of general Dentistry, Birmingham District dental society, and the Alabama dental association. Dr. Gooch has been to Honduras several times for dental mission trips and has found that providing dental care to those who are less fortunate than us is extremely rewarding. Dr. Gooch and his wife Allison reside in Birmingham. They have two children, Coleson and Maggie
Locations & DirectionsADVANCED DENTAL HEALTH, 120 Doug Baker Blvd Ste 110, Birmingham, AL
Dr. Burton G Gooch is similar to the following 4 Dentists near Birmingham, AL.