Get the facts about birth control so you can decide which type is right for you.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Book Online Now
Dr. Burton G Gooch has the following 1 specialty
- General Dentistry
A dentist is a doctor who diagnoses and treats oral health issues. The most basic services dentists provide are preventative and regular maintenance treatments such as cleanings, fluoride treatments, X-rays (to look for cavities), cavity fillings. He or she also provides advice on proper brushing, flossing, and rinsing for the prevention of plaque buildup.
Dr. Burton G Gooch has the following 10 expertise
- Root Canal
- Dental Implants
- Tooth Whitening
- Dental Check-up
Dr. Burton G Gooch has 0 board certified specialties
Showing 2 of 3
I had 3 fillings filled at this office and the teeth did not hurt prior. After the fillings, all 3 teeth continued to hurt. I gave it some time because I knew there could be some sensitivity for a while so I went back about 3 months later to which Dr. Gooch told me I may need a root canal because sometimes the cavities are more than a filling can fix. I agreed- but not all 3 teeth at the same time- all the teeth he worked on--seemed like an excuse to me at the time. I spent over $1000 there within a very short time and I expected more than an in-person interview about how my teeth were hurting. I went to my home based dentist and asked him to take a look. Eventually, I paid to have my home dentist re-do the fillings that Dr. Gooch did. Now, my teeth feel fine. I'm sure he is a great dentist, but I spent a lot of money there and if my teeth were still hurting, I feel that he should have offered to help more with the potential that the fillings could have been improved rather than jumping to the route canal route (more $$). My home dentist found decay underneath one of the fillings, as well, which should not have happened. I felt like Dr. Gooch was nice but did not want to admit the fillings may have needed extra work.
Patients' Choice Award (2012, 2014)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
Dr. Burton G Gooch accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna DPPO
- Assurant DHA
- Assurant DHA Premier
- BCBS AL Preferred Dentists
- CIGNA Radius Network
- CIGNA Total DPPO
- Delta Dental Premier
Dental Network of America
- Dental Network of America DPPO
- Guardian DentalGuard Preferred
- MetLife PDP
- Principal Dental PPO
- United Concordia Advantage Plus PPO
- United Concordia Alliance
- United Concordia National Fee-For-Service
Locations & DirectionsAdvanced Dental Health, 120 Doug Baker Blvd Ste 110, Birmingham, AL
Dr. Burton G Gooch is similar to the following 3 Dentists near Birmingham, AL.