Get the facts about birth control so you can decide which type is right for you.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Byron Y Lew DDS
Dr. Byron Y Lew, DDS is a Dentist primarily located in Rockville, MD. His specialties include General Dentistry. He speaks English.
Book Online Now
Dr. Byron Y Lew has the following 1 specialty
- General Dentistry
A dentist is a doctor who diagnoses and treats oral health issues. The most basic services dentists provide are preventative and regular maintenance treatments such as cleanings, fluoride treatments, X-rays (to look for cavities), cavity fillings. He or she also provides advice on proper brushing, flossing, and rinsing for the prevention of plaque buildup.
Dr. Byron Y Lew has the following 8 expertise
- Root Canal
- Dental Check-up
Showing 2 of 2
treat 2 pt. on same time
Self-verified patient of Dr. Byron Y Lew - Posted on July 14th, 2018
Self-verified patient of Dr. Byron Y Lew - Posted on March 12th, 2016
Dr. Byron Y Lew Accepts the Following Insurance
- Ameritas PPO
- Assurant DHA
- Assurant DHA Premier
- CareFirst Regional Preferred Dental PPO
- CareFirst Regional Traditional Dental
- CIGNA Radius Network
- CIGNA Total DPPO
Dental Network of America
- Dental Network of America DPPO
- Principal Dental PPO
United Healthcare Dental
- United Healthcare Dental PPO
More about Dr. Byron Y Lew
Byron Lew, D.D.S. Education: New York University College of Dentistry, D.D.S. Saint John’s University, B.S. Biology Professional Memberships: Ø Academy of General Dentistry Ø American Academy of Cranio Facial Pain Ø International Association of Orthodontics Ø Dental Organization for Sleep Apnea Ø International TMJ and Sleep Medicine Network My treatment philosophy is that of seeing the person as a whole. Many times treatments focus on appearance and esthetics alone. Making things look better but never once taking into account functional or health problems. Many times headaches and migraines can simply be caused by nighttime grinding and or teeth clenching. Why just prescribe migraine medication? Why not just treat the cause? These same headaches and migraines can also be caused by nutritional and or chronic infections or allergies. There are a multitude of possibilities. I also believe children should be evaluated as early as 6 years old for orthodontic intervention. If a child has mismatched upper and lower jaw sizes, why wait until they are teens to start straightening teeth? ADD and nighttime bedwetting can be a result of poor orthodontic conditions, which cause poor airway conditions. Again why leave an obvious jaw size discrepancy and just straighten teeth? Treat the cause. Functional orthodontics involves the use of appliances to match jaw sizes while a child is still growing. Furthermore, the use of functional orthodontics in adults usually involves treatment of headaches of TMJ. These untreated children tend to become adults with sleep disorders. Whether it is poor sleep quality or medically diagnosed sleep apnea, these adults continue on their journey of preventable health issues such as headaches, migraines, TMJ, hypertension, and chronic fatigue. My diagnosis considers the person as a whole for life. This is a far-reaching goal, which can only be accomplished in conjunction with other heath care practitioners. We work with many physicians and therapists to help you obtain your best. Health care is life long journey of knowledge for both the patient and practitioner.
Locations & Directions, ,
Dr. Byron Y Lew is similar to the following 4 Dentists near Rockville, MD.