Get the facts about birth control so you can decide which type is right for you.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Book Online Now
About Dr. Carolina Akerman
Dr. Carolina Akerman, DMD is a Dentist primarily located in Plantation, FL, with another office in Miami, FL. She speaks English.
Dr. Carolina Akerman has the following 6 expertise
- Tooth Decay
- Fissure Sealants
- Pulp Treatment
- Dental Check-up
Dr. Carolina Akerman has 0 board certified specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Showing 2 of 3
I was directed to this office based on my insurance options. While in the wiring room with my 7 year old son, I came across the Vitals rating page, so I decided to pay careful attention to our experience at this office to be able to report it afterwards. (After the visit with Dr. Akerman) Let me start by saying that I was there this spring break and the large waiting room, yes very large waiting room had a good number of mom's a few dad's and kids of all ages... kids and parents were entertained with options for all ages..... Also there was very large tv... and though it was busy.... and we had to wait.. it was about 20 or 25 mins.... did not feel excessive at all. We were ushered to an examination room and I was able to stay with my son all through the visit, which I loved, I do not like when I am asked to let stay out. The staff was extremely friendly.. The atmosphere was perfect for kids and it looked very professional with computer screens everywhere .. what a surprise when we met Dr. Akerman... she engaged my son with a level of tenderness and attention that made my rowdy son stay at ease throughout the whole visit. Dr. Akerman not only explained to me her opinion of the current state with the teeth and gums but was very assertive with my son encouraging to brush and Floss ... she asked me if I had other questions or concerns before she moved to the next patient... Overall the whole experience was excellent.... especially because my son.. asked me to help him flossing!!! I'd say Dr. Akerman report not only with me but specially with my son was excellent. My son enjoyed watching the overhead tv and the "good behavior" give away toy he was given... but as I said... it was Dr. Akerman special touch that got him to understand how important is for him to take care of his teeth. We will surely be back in 6 months.
Terrible office staff. No one there seems to care about the patient experience. Tiny waiting room with toys thrown everywhere that we were literally tripping over them. Not enough seating. Waited 1h 15 min in waiting room and was only seen then because 2 other patients walked out due to the wait. Staff never bothered to let anyone waiting know they were running 2 hours behind. Ridiculous. Floors disgustingly dirty. Garbages overflowing. I complained to dentist about the wait and was told "well, school starts soon". Not a good excuse--that doesn't mean you should overbook or leave patients in the waiting room with NO explanation or apology. Would NOT recommend at all unless you enjoy feeling like a number.
Please contact the office for more information.
Locations & Directions
Dr. Carolina Akerman is similar to the following 3 Dentists near Plantation, FL.