Is Dr. Cary T Chavis the right Dentist for you?
Binge Eating Disorder
Get the facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms, causes and related conditions.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Book Online Now
Dr. Cary T Chavis has the following 1 specialty
- General Dentistry
A dentist is a doctor who diagnoses and treats oral health issues. The most basic services dentists provide are preventative and regular maintenance treatments such as cleanings, fluoride treatments, X-rays (to look for cavities), cavity fillings. He or she also provides advice on proper brushing, flossing, and rinsing for the prevention of plaque buildup.
Dr. Cary T Chavis has the following 9 expertise
- Dental Check-up
- Root Canal
Patients' Choice Award (2012, 2014)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
Dr. Cary T Chavis Accepts the Following Insurance
- Aetna DMO
- Aetna DPPO
Blue Cross California
- BCCA Dental Blue 100/200/300
- CareFirst Regional Preferred Dental PPO
- CareFirst Regional Traditional Dental
- CIGNA Radius Network
- CIGNA Total DPPO
- Delta Dental Premier
More about Dr. Cary T Chavis
Dr. Chavis has practiced dentistry in Washington, D.C., for more than 20 years. He specializes in both cosmetic and general dentistry and has a special interest in computer-assisted dental restorations. His offices at Chavis Dental in downtown Washington are equipped with the latest dental technologies. Dr. Chavis earned his Bachelor of Science degree from the University of Maryland in College Park, Maryland. He then continued his studies at the University of Maryland, College of Dental Surgery, where he received his Doctor of Dental Surgery degree. He then completed an externship in oral surgery at Michael Reese Hospital in Chicago, Illinois, where he became skilled in oral surgical techniques and bone grafting. Dr. Chavis also completed a general practice residency at Prince George’s Hospital Center in Cheverly, Maryland. Dr. Chavis is trained to work with dental implants and received his certificate from the International Institute of Implant Dentistry. He is also skilled in working with CEREC® technology, which allows him to create life-like porcelain restorations often in only one dental visit. Dr. Chavis participates regularly in continuing education courses and dental societies in order to maintain active relationships with other dental specialists in Washington, D.C., and surrounding areas. He also participates in ongoing training and certification at Spear Education within the Scottsdale Center for Dentistry, one of the foremost continuing dental education centers. NBC 4 news featured Dr. Chavis in a healthcare focus piece to explain the exciting developments in CAD-CAM Dentistry. He was one of the first dentists in the Washington, D.C., area to offer this state of the art technology. He is also certified in Laser dentistry, from the World Clinical Laser Institute, and he is skilled in the use of the diode laser, which allows him to perform many dental procedures without pain or surgery. More about Dr. Chavis >
Locations & DirectionsCHAVIS DENTAL ESTHETIC, 1145 19th St NW Ste 602, Washington, DC
Dr. Cary T Chavis is similar to the following 4 Dentists near Washington, DC.