Binge Eating Disorder
Get the facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms, causes and related conditions.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Cecile M Poupard-Toner
Dr. Cecile M Poupard-Toner, DDS is a Dentist primarily located in Silver Spring, MD. Her specialties include General Dentistry. She speaks English.
Book Online Now
Dr. Cecile M Poupard-Toner has the following 1 specialty
- General Dentistry
A dentist is a doctor who diagnoses and treats oral health issues. The most basic services dentists provide are preventative and regular maintenance treatments such as cleanings, fluoride treatments, X-rays (to look for cavities), cavity fillings. He or she also provides advice on proper brushing, flossing, and rinsing for the prevention of plaque buildup.
Dr. Cecile M Poupard-Toner has the following 8 expertise
- Root Canal
- Dental Check-up
Showing 1 of 1
Don't bring your kids to see Dr. Poupard
Self-verified patient of Dr. Cecile M Poupard-Toner - Posted on April 10th, 2014
A few months ago I decided to change dentist because the current one was too far from my work or house and did no longer accept my insurance. Dr. Poupard was a recommendation from a google group (2 persons) and I decided to give her a try for myself. I was quite pleased with my visit the first time so i decided to take my kids there as well, especially when my son of 5 years old was diagnosed with cavities. The first experience for him was not pleasant, mainly because he was not used to having inserted some big equipments in his small mouth in order to take an X-ray. They had to try a few times (and changed the size) before it worked. I do believe that it was not very uncomfortable and even painful at times thus explaining his moans. The second time was the hardest one. The x-rays showed such a big cavity on one of his teeth that the tooth had to be removed. Before removing the tooth Dr.Poupard gave my son a brief explanation of what she will be doing. But the experience turned out to be an unfortunate and sour one for him. My son was yelling, screaming, crying all at once! This lasted during the entire procedure, which had to be stopped at times. It took well over an hour to have the tooth removed. Dr. Poupard did show some impatience at the end and asked a colleague to come and remove the tooth because she was unable to do it. While I agree my son was not of a big help, and wish he did not react as such, it is not every day that we get to have a tooth removed, not mentioning that at 5 years old, with no experience in dentistry (except for check-ups and cleanings) this can be a dreary one. I know my son was scared. The last time we came, we had to fill the other cavities he had. She had to start with the same procedure (that is to put the gums/cheek area to sleep which involves a needle seringe) to which my son warmly cried when inserted. She tried to calm him but I think my son did no longer trust her at this stage and acting again like he was scared. I also was there to help, holding down my son's hands and legs and helping him through the experience. Again Dr. Poupard could not finish the job and told me, with her soft-spoken voice that I will need to bring him to a pediatric dentist and because she had another patient to see. I was really quite stunned by her response to me. So this was the last time she will see us again. I forgot to mention that twice she promised my son some "toys" if he would behave but she never gave anything to comfort him. I am aware that my son was particularly difficult but he remains a child and as such needs to be treated like one. His experience was his alone and his fear was legitimate. I did not feel my son had all the caring attention he should have received and some kids need more warnings or preparations than others. So we are left to go to another pediatric dentist! Lastly, Dr. Poupard does not work on Wednesdays and Fridays making it difficult to make an appointment.
Dr. Cecile M Poupard-Toner Accepts the Following Insurance
- Ameritas PPO
- Assurant DHA
- Assurant DHA Premier
- CareFirst Regional Preferred Dental PPO
- CareFirst Regional Traditional Dental
- CIGNA Radius Network
- CIGNA Total DPPO
- CompBenefits PPO
- Delta Dental PPO
- Delta Dental Premier
Dental Network of America
- Dental Network of America DPPO
- DenteMax Dental
- Guardian DentalGuard Preferred
- MetLife PDP
- Principal Dental PPO
- United Concordia Advantage Plus PPO
- United Concordia Alliance
- United Concordia National Fee-For-Service
United Healthcare Dental
- United Healthcare Dental PPO
Locations & DirectionsHILLANDALE SMILES, 1734 Elton Rd Ste 231, Silver Spring, MD
Dr. Cecile M Poupard-Toner is similar to the following 4 Dentists near Silver Spring, MD.