Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Chrislyn E Lawhon DMD
Dr. Chrislyn E Lawhon, DMD is a Dentist primarily located in Columbia, SC, with another office in Florence, SC. Her specialties include General Dentistry. She speaks English.
Dr. Chrislyn E Lawhon has 2 locations
Book Online Now
Dr. Chrislyn E Lawhon has the following 1 specialty
- General Dentistry
A dentist is a doctor who diagnoses and treats oral health issues. The most basic services dentists provide are preventative and regular maintenance treatments such as cleanings, fluoride treatments, X-rays (to look for cavities), cavity fillings. He or she also provides advice on proper brushing, flossing, and rinsing for the prevention of plaque buildup.
Dr. Chrislyn E Lawhon has the following 8 expertise
- Dental Check-up
- Root Canal
Showing 5 of 6
Wish she was more receptive to involved parents
Self-verified patient of Dr. Chrislyn E Lawhon - Posted on November 5th, 2018
I’ve had great interactions with Dr Lawhorn. The staff has also been pleasant. I’d love to stay but was referred to another dentist (by a previous dentist) simply because I am a parent that likes to be present for procedures. Dr. Lawhorn doesn’t accommodate in this way. I’m not willing to let my son have extensive dental work without making sure he’s properly sedated and be present to provide him comfort. When this was mentioned to Dr Lawhorn she wasn’t receptive or even flexible with my desire. I completely understand her stance, however it isn’t what I’m looking for in a provider. I’m one for family centered care.
Do NOT take your children!!!
Self-verified patient of Dr. Chrislyn E Lawhon - Posted on May 1st, 2018
Children are treated all together in a big room that parents aren’t allowed in. Well they tried that w me but I went anyway. If it wasn’t an emergency we would’ve left! One child was crying and nervous which is completely understandable which is another reason they should have their own private space AND PARENTS BY THEIR SIDE TO CALM THEM. This is all about getting as much money in as little a time as possible.
I took my 7 year old this Thursday January 26 he got hit by doctor lawhon
Self-verified patient of Dr. Chrislyn E Lawhon - Posted on January 28th, 2017
This Thursday I took my 7 year old to see this doctor lawhon the nurse keep saying he going be saying stuff cuz the sedation his very delicate and he I touch him somewhere he says your scarring me so it was strange she was saying this to me so my son came out crying and scared as soon as the nurse walked away he started crying real bad saying they hit me mommy it was hard for him to tell me while he was crying I said calm down tell me slowly can't understand u he said the doctor hit me she punched my stomach and pulled my ear I confronted the nurses asked them what happened my son is saying someone hit him in there someone that was with him in room she looked at me weird and said let me talk to the nurse that was back with him all she said was cuz the sedation I said o.K I'll handle it I was going call the police but my other two kids that where seen that same day where crying and fussy I couldn't call I had get my babies home take care of them but I.need help I need help stopping this situations my son can tell anyone what happened my wait time was more then a hour if I could I'll put 0000 star's
Self-verified patient of Dr. Chrislyn E Lawhon - Posted on June 21st, 2016
She will make you wait forever in the waiting room then take you back and make you wait some more. The front desk lady in the only nice person. Mrs. Lawhon messed up my child's mouth and we are still trying to get it fixed. They will tell you something is wrong and it isn't just so they can take you money.
Self-verified patient of Dr. Chrislyn E Lawhon - Posted on December 17th, 2015
Dr. Chrislyn E Lawhon Accepts the Following Insurance
- Ameritas PPO
- Assurant DHA Premier
- CIGNA Radius Network
- CIGNA Total DPPO
- Delta Dental PPO
- Delta Dental Premier
Dental Network of America
- Dental Network of America DPPO
- DenteMax Dental
- MetLife PDP
- Principal Dental PPO
- United Concordia Advantage Plus PPO
- United Concordia Alliance
- United Concordia National Fee-For-Service
United Healthcare Dental
- United Healthcare Dental PPO
Locations & Directions
Dr. Chrislyn E Lawhon is similar to the following 4 Dentists near Columbia, SC.