Binge Eating Disorder
Get the facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms, causes and related conditions.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Curtis W Newsome has the following 1 specialty
- General Dentistry
A dentist is a doctor who diagnoses and treats oral health issues. The most basic services dentists provide are preventative and regular maintenance treatments such as cleanings, fluoride treatments, X-rays (to look for cavities), cavity fillings. He or she also provides advice on proper brushing, flossing, and rinsing for the prevention of plaque buildup.
Dr. Curtis W Newsome has the following 9 expertise
- Dental Check-up
- Root Canal
- Teeth Cleaning
Dr. Curtis W Newsome has 0 board certified specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Showing 2 of 2
Dr. Newsome is a good dentist, yet he can be a little impatient with patients that have gag reflex. Billing is horrible. It only takes a phone call to the Insurance providers for the patients to receive a close to perfect pre-authorization for covered services and procedures. Due to this office not practicing this, you will be asked to bring a certain amount the day of services for procedures such as fillings, which there will be a lot of these recommended even if an x-ray is not done during a routine cleaning..never experienced that before and won't agree to that again..when the hygienist says the tooth that the dentist is recommending to be filled has not been x-rayed at least twice and she is ignored, that is a red flag. Back to billing, after you are told to bring in a certain amount for a procedure such as a filling, you will receive a bill later in the mail for at least twice the amount that you originally paid, which is not professional for a patient such as myself who would prefer knowing up front what my personal charges will be after insurance pays my bill so that I can pay the bill in full the day of service. The frustrating part is, I would ask upfront every time, if they would call my insurance provider so that I could alleviate extra bills since I like to pay all my bills on time and upfront, i would always be told, we can only estimate...yes only estimated so that it appears that your charges for services are less that other offices. I do not recommend them and will not return. Also, not accustomed to the receptionist coming into the treatment room on several occasions to discuss things that could wait until the dentist is finished with his work. Hygienist team and dental assistant are wonderful and they keep the treatment areas very clean, but; it was not worth me continuing care here.
Dr. Curtis W Newsome accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna DMO
- Ameritas PPO
- Assurant DHA
- Assurant DHA Premier
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
BCBS North Carolina
- BCBS NC Blue Value
- BCBS NC BlueOptions
- CIGNA Radius Network
- CIGNA Total DPPO
- CompBenefits PPO
- Delta Dental DeltaCare USA
- Delta Dental PPO
- Delta Dental Premier
Dental Network of America
- Dental Network of America DPPO
- DenteMax Dental
- Dominion Dental PPO
- Guardian DentalGuard Preferred
- Humana Dental PPO
- MetLife PDP
- Principal Dental PPO
- United Concordia Alliance
United Healthcare Dental
- United Healthcare Dental PPO
Locations & DirectionsCurtis Newsome Dds, 4845 Johnston Oehler Rd Ste 100, Charlotte, NC
Dr. Curtis W Newsome is similar to the following 3 Dentists near Charlotte, NC.