Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Cynthia R Burns DDS
Dr. Cynthia R Burns, DDS is a Dentist primarily located in Hanover, MD. Her specialties include General Dentistry. She speaks English.
Book Online Now
Dr. Cynthia R Burns has the following 1 specialty
- General Dentistry
A dentist is a doctor who diagnoses and treats oral health issues. The most basic services dentists provide are preventative and regular maintenance treatments such as cleanings, fluoride treatments, X-rays (to look for cavities), cavity fillings. He or she also provides advice on proper brushing, flossing, and rinsing for the prevention of plaque buildup.
Dr. Cynthia R Burns has the following 8 expertise
- Dental Check-up
- Root Canal
Showing 5 of 7
A very strong single mom
Self-verified patient of Dr. Cynthia R Burns - Posted on May 24th, 2017
Self-verified patient of Dr. Cynthia R Burns - Posted on August 20th, 2016
Extraction Nightmare!!! Dr. Burns must make her money on bone graphing procedures. I had an extraction done one month ago on a molar and opted not to get the bone graph because I'm not planning to implant a replacement. I developed dry socket even though I followed all recovery rules. She gave me a new antibiotic and new pain medication. It took almost 3 weeks before I could normally. After week 4, I started getting stabbing pains in my tongue and frequent bleeding. I returned to Dr. Burns and she said I have a bone splinter and I should've gotten bone graph. However, that would not prevent the bone splinter. Her only solution was for me to keep my tongue away from my teeth with gauze for 105 days. I called another dentist and they said I should've been referred to a specialist. I believe Dr. Burns has no business doing anything more than simple cleanings. She is a terrible dentist. I will NEVER go back to her office, except to retrieve my Xrays to take them somewhere else.
Skip this dentist and find another one.
Self-verified patient of Dr. Cynthia R Burns - Posted on August 27th, 2015
I came to see Dr. Burns as a first time patient. I filled out all the paperwork prior to the visit so that I may be seen in a timely manner. Upon arrival I sat and waited for them to call me in. Another patient came in about 15 minutes later and waited along with me. About 20 minutes passes and they call the other patient in.. I was a bit annoyed since I came first and was waiting for some time. When I was finally called back, I addressed my concerns with the dentist. She glanced in my mouth, (didn't do an exam, or anything like that) had the guy there take x rays and then more waiting.. When she reviewed the x rays she said I needed to be referred else where for my tooth. This is all fine except the fact that she totally disregarded the rest of my teeth which I was worried about. Anyway, she sent me away with a referral and asked me nothing about my other concerns and no plan of action to fix them. I am extremely disappointed and will not be back here again. Do NOT go here if you want your teeth fixed... They also charge extremely high prices for everything. For example: they charged me 952 for a crown... yeah.. a simple crown.... give me a break... Today i went elsewhere and got an estimate on a crown.. 350.. Yes, thats more likely.
Self-verified patient of Dr. Cynthia R Burns - Posted on May 24th, 2015
Self-verified patient of Dr. Cynthia R Burns - Posted on October 8th, 2013
I made an appointment 3 weeks in advance for a cleaning. When I got to the office, there was no record of the appointment. I waited for an hour before being seen. Once the dentist finally entered the room there was no apology for the wait. She did a very brief exam and then only polished my teeth. There was no cleaning performed! I sat in the chair for a total of 5-6 minutes. I would not recommend this office to anyone!! I saw a different dentist a week later who actually took the time to properly clean my teeth.
Dr. Cynthia R Burns Accepts the Following Insurance
- Ameritas PPO
- Assurant DHA
- Assurant DHA Premier
Blue Cross California
- BCCA Dental Blue 100/200/300
- CareFirst Regional Preferred Dental PPO
- CareFirst Regional Traditional Dental
- CIGNA Radius Network
- CIGNA Total DPPO
- CompBenefits PPO
- Delta Dental PPO
Dental Network of America
- Dental Network of America DPPO
- DenteMax Dental
- Emblem Dental - Preferred Plus
- Guardian DentalGuard Preferred
- Humana Dental PPO
- MetLife PDP
- Principal Dental PPO
- United Concordia Advantage Plus PPO
- United Concordia Alliance
- United Concordia National Fee-For-Service
United Healthcare Dental
- United Healthcare Dental PPO
Locations & Directions, ,
Dr. Cynthia R Burns is similar to the following 4 Dentists near Hanover, MD.