Type 2 Diabetes
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Book Online Now
Dr. Damian L Sommerville has the following 1 specialty
- General Dentistry
Dr. Damian L Sommerville has the following 11 expertise
- Dental Implants
- Oral Surgical Procedures
- Root Canal
- Dental Check-up
- Anxiety Disorders
Dr. Damian L Sommerville has 0 board certified specialties
Showing 4 of 7
Dr. Sommerville performed a molar extraction on October 25, 2017. I have been in excruciating pain since that time (October 25, 2017 - November 10, 2017). On the day of the extraction, the nurse asked me what I was going to do about pain. I was not automatically given a prescription for any antibiotic and/or pain and had none. On Sunday, November 5, 2017 the pain was so bad I went to Saint Josephs emergency room. They gave me an antibiotic and pain medication. On Monday, November 6, 2017 I told Dr. Sommerville about the problem and had an appointment on that day. Dr. Sommerville examined me and said that he did not know what the problem was. He said I had to go to an oral surgeon. I told the Dr. that I hadn't eaten for 4 days since I could not open my mouth wide enough to eat. That fact was essentially ignored. I told Dr.Sommerville that he should pay for the oral surgeon since he caused the problem. He said it was my responsibility . He left the examination room and I did not see the Dr. again (essentially ignoring the situation). At that point I was furious. Dr. Sommerville's receptionist gave me a list of oral surgeons and I selected Atlanta Oral and Facial Surgery as it was near my home. I did not see a dentist but the nurse cleaned out the wound and gave me some medication. The plan was to see if medication and home therapy helped. If not, then one of the surgeons will examine me and possibly oral surgery
Patients' Choice Award (2016, 2018)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
Dr. Damian L Sommerville accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna DPPO
- Ameritas PPO
- Assurant DHA
- Assurant DHA Premier
- BCBS AL Preferred Dentists
- BCBS GA Dental Complete
Blue Cross California
- BCCA Dental Blue 100/200/300
- CIGNA Radius Network
- CIGNA Total DPPO
- CompBenefits AdvantagePlus Plans
- CompBenefits PPO
- Delta Dental PPO
- Delta Dental Premier
Dental Network of America
- Dental Network of America DPPO
- DenteMax Dental
- Dominion Dental PPO
- Emblem Dental - Preferred Plus
- Guardian DentalGuard Preferred
- Humana Dental PPO
- MetLife PDP
- Principal Dental PPO
- United Concordia Advantage Plus PPO
- United Concordia Alliance
- United Concordia National Fee-For-Service
United Healthcare Dental
- United Healthcare Dental PPO
Locations & Directions
Dr. Damian L Sommerville is similar to the following 3 Dentists near Marietta, GA.