Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Book Online Now
Dr. Daniel L Bearley has the following 1 specialty
- General Dentistry
A dentist is a doctor who diagnoses and treats oral health issues. The most basic services dentists provide are preventative and regular maintenance treatments such as cleanings, fluoride treatments, X-rays (to look for cavities), cavity fillings. He or she also provides advice on proper brushing, flossing, and rinsing for the prevention of plaque buildup.
Dr. Daniel L Bearley has the following 9 expertise
- Dental Check-up
- Teeth Cleaning
- Root Canal
Dr. Daniel L Bearley has 0 board certified specialties
Showing 5 of 10
I was a patient of Dr. Dalley's and then later of Dr. Bearley's for a number of years before Dalley finally left. Although I think Dr. Bearley has good bed-side manner and is a capable dentist, I believe that he is now running the practice in a way that results in more charges both to insurance and directly to the patient. This included more X-rays than are strictly necessary as well as root planing and scaling when other dentists do not suggest it. Sadly, I can not recommend this practice.
Bearley abandoned care of me during my scheduled appointment because i declined x-rays. He refused to acknowledge the right of patients to work collaboratively with their healthcare provider and the patient's right to reject treatments and interventions they find objectionable or unnecessary. His actions were authoritarian and violate the ADA code of ethics. By refusing to provide scheduled care he attempted to punish a patient for disagreeing with his suggested treatment and caused harm. His action disrespect patient autonomy, are malfeasant, and lack beneficence. Basically, he lacks an ethical compass. Failing to provide notice of dismissal from care left me without a dental provider after having a 20 year relationship with the dentist who had recently sold the practice to him. Daniel needs to read "Principles of Biomedical Ethics" by Beauchamps & Childress because it appears his dental school did not require a class in ethics. Please, do not seek dental care at this practice. This is no longer the friendly practice it once was. The long-term employees are gone. The atmosphere is tense. In fact, the hygienist was speaking to me in a hushed whisper regarding Daniel's expectations that i submit to x-rays. He's even ruined the musical selections by playing "light rock" rather than the quirky commercial free offerings i'd been accustomed to hearing. I have no idea whether he's a proficient dentist because he only looked in my mouth twice in the last few years. I didn't require any dental work. He is authoritarian, terse, and has a poor chair-side manner. I don't think he realizes he's practicing in C-ville where a large percent of the population work in healthcare, understand patient rights, and know when they've been violated.
Patients' Choice Award (2016, 2018)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
Dr. Daniel L Bearley accepts the following insurance providers.
- Assurant DHA Premier
Blue Cross California
- BCCA Dental Blue 100/200/300
- CareFirst Regional Preferred Dental PPO
- CareFirst Regional Traditional Dental
- CIGNA Radius Network
- CIGNA Total DPPO
- Delta Dental Premier
- Principal Dental PPO
- United Concordia Advantage Plus PPO
- United Concordia Alliance
- United Concordia National Fee-For-Service
Locations & DirectionsDavid G Dalley Dds Inc, 901 Preston Ave Ste 200, Charlottesville, VA
Dr. Daniel L Bearley is similar to the following 3 Dentists near Charlottesville, VA.