Get the facts about birth control so you can decide which type is right for you.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Book Online Now
Dr. Daniel M Janowski has the following 1 specialty
- General Dentistry
A dentist is a doctor who diagnoses and treats oral health issues. The most basic services dentists provide are preventative and regular maintenance treatments such as cleanings, fluoride treatments, X-rays (to look for cavities), cavity fillings. He or she also provides advice on proper brushing, flossing, and rinsing for the prevention of plaque buildup.
Dr. Daniel M Janowski has the following 2 expertise
- Dental Trauma
- Root Canal
Dr. Daniel M Janowski has 0 board certified specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Showing 1 of 3
I wouldn't recommend Dr. Janowski to my worst enemy. Avoid at all costs, unless you are absolutely POSITIVE that you need a root canal performed. I visited this location because of some sensitivity issues I was having with a fairly recent filling. I knew there was a possibility I could need a root canal but also thought there was a great likelihood that my filling had come loose or cracked, or something along those lines, since my discomfort was so slight. When I expressed this to Dr. Janowski, he said, "You know what that is? That's called wishful thinking!" He then went on to review my x-ray with the nurse but didn't show it to me or explain a single thing about what he saw on it. He then asked me to describe my situation, and when I did, he (again without explaining a single thing) silently performed a single test -- where he pressed some heat gel to my tooth to see if it hurt. It was uncomfortable, but the pain subsided right away when he removed the heat source. The results seemed inconclusive, but evidently that -- and that ALONE -- was enough evidence to him that I needed a root canal. He did not even LOOK at my tooth, which truly concerned me. With no further explanation, he simply said, "Yes, you need a root canal," and that was it. Although I was disappointed and overwhelmed, I had to press him for more information about why he was suddenly prescribing this serious and expensive procedure. I still got very few answers and just like that, he ushered me off to make my root canal appointment. Now, about a week later, the discomfort I was feeling has subsided almost completely. I'm still not sure what the issue was and am about to see a different dentist for some clarity, but I shudder to think I almost received a totally unnecessary procedure. I'm glad I followed my instincts and cancelled my following appointment, because Dr. Janowski did not even come CLOSE to doing his due diligence to make sure I needed the procedure, nor did he take the time (nor possess the compassion) to explain to me why I needed it. To me, this was a clear-cut case of an endodontist (someone who specializes in root canals) over-prescribing root canals to his patients either out of laziness or greed. He must perform so many that they seem like no big deal to him, when in reality, they are a big deal. Save yourself the angst and go elsewhere if you want any sort of humanity from your healthcare professionals.
Please contact the office for more information.
Locations & Directions
Dr. Daniel M Janowski is similar to the following 3 Dentists near Elmwood Park, IL.