Type 2 Diabetes
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Book Online Now
Dr. David A Behrman has the following 2 specialties
- General Dentistry
A dentist is a doctor who diagnoses and treats oral health issues. The most basic services dentists provide are preventative and regular maintenance treatments such as cleanings, fluoride treatments, X-rays (to look for cavities), cavity fillings. He or she also provides advice on proper brushing, flossing, and rinsing for the prevention of plaque buildup.
- Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery
An oral & maxillofacial surgeon is a physician who surgically corrects conditions of the mouth and surrounding facial structures including the head, neck and jaws. These doctors usually start out as dentists before undertaking extensive surgical and medical training.
Dr. David A Behrman has the following 7 expertise
- Maxillofacial Surgery
- Sleep Apnea
- Tooth/Bone Loss
- Dental Implants
- Jaw Defects
- Impacted Wisdom Teeth
- TMJ Disorders
Dr. David A Behrman has 0 board certified specialties
Showing 2 of 7
I am now a 60 year old male- when I was 34- 1990- Dr Behrman operated on both sides of my jaws- open joint surgery- cut along the natural line of my ears and across my temple in my hair so you can't see a scar- unfortunately, the surgery was not a success as I have had a lifetime of continued pain, cracking of the jaws to the point that it is debilitating. Not positive, but pretty sure, Dr. Behrman had interns assist him with my surgery. When I came out of the hospital, both sides were blown up like a chipmonk and I never recovered the elasticity of having a normal jaw line and that I may need surgery again down the line- since the 1st surgery was such a failure, I don't think I will do it again- I have spent thousands and thousands of dollars with the so called " best " TMJ specialists over the years to correct the failed surgery, unfortunately, without any success ( no surgery- trying to correct my bite, using mouth guards - the last specialist charged me $ 4300 up front for a year's worth of visits and " adjustments- that was a waste of money, no return on that investment for relief- I don't blame the dentist- the surgery just didn't work for me and I've suffered a lifetime of pain- also, during surgery, something was done where I can't move my jaws side to side, as if they were " locked " in place which is depressing - I have no animosity towards Dr Behrman.
Left feeling unsatisfied with consultation. Dr. Behrman claims that a weak chin, mouth protrusion, and a lopsided steep jaw are features exclusive to a certain race. That's strange, since anyone with jaw problems of any race can have the same problems I have. He did not even bother giving me (the patient) an xray to further examine. Made me feel like he was only after a pay day. Would not recommend.
39 Years Experience
University Of Pittsburgh School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1979
Dr. David A Behrman accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna Elect Choice EPO
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna NYC Community Plan
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS MA Blue Care Elect PPO
- BCBS MA Preferred Blue PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- Empire Blue Priority EPO
- Empire HMO
- Empire PPO
- Empire Prism EPO Blue Priority
HIP of NY
- Emblem HIP Select PPO
- Healthfirst NY HMO ABCD
MVP Health Plan
- MVP Preferred PPO
- Oxford Metro
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & DirectionsNyp Weill Cornell Medical Center, 525 E 68th St, New York, NY
Dr. David A Behrman is similar to the following 3 Dentists near New York, NY.