Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. David A Dauphin
Dr. David A Dauphin, DMD is a Dentist primarily located in Dothan, AL. His specialties include General Dentistry. He speaks English.
Book Online Now
Dr. David A Dauphin has the following 1 specialty
- General Dentistry
A dentist is a doctor who diagnoses and treats oral health issues. The most basic services dentists provide are preventative and regular maintenance treatments such as cleanings, fluoride treatments, X-rays (to look for cavities), cavity fillings. He or she also provides advice on proper brushing, flossing, and rinsing for the prevention of plaque buildup.
Dr. David A Dauphin has the following 8 expertise
- Dental Check-up
- Root Canal
Showing 3 of 4
Great experience at Dr. Dauphins office. Dr. Dauphins and his staff were extremely professional while taking care to make sure I was comfortable. I need some minor dental work and he discussed the procedure making sure I understood what tibexoect and what my options were. Definitely an office I will recommend my entire family use. Thanks Dr. Dauphin
I am new to Dothan and went to Dr. Dauphin for a routine cleaning. Upon my first visit..... 1. Dr. Dauphin asked me if it had been a long time since I went to the dentist which made me unsure of his assessment skills because for over 25 years I have gone to the dentist twice a year and brush, floss and gargle twice a day. 2. Dr. Dauphine stated that I need a crown and have three cavities. When I questioned him about this he was rude and did not like being questioned. He seems to not understand that it is his privilege for someone to allow him to work on their teeth. 3. My tooth broke with in two days of the first visit which caused me to actually need a crown. Very suspect. 4. While drilling on my tooth to prep for a temporary crown his drill bit was not secure and came off and went into the back of my mouth / throat. 5. Sterilization techniques and prep for the procedure may to be lacking.... drill bits did not come from sterile packs but were on the counter prior to use. 6. I went to my previous dentist and let him review the x-rays taken at his office and examine my teeth. He could not identify the cavities that Dr. Dauphin said I have. He also did not agree that I need a crown however he did say that it could be an option because the filling was so large. (Because the tooth broke a crown was necessary) 6. I had the adverse effect of a bad sore throat the morning after the permanent crown was placed. Dr. Dauphin came in the room with his gloves on which is cause for concern about his infection control technique. I believe his clinic needs to implement better infection control policy and procedure to ensure the health of patients. I believe Dr. Dauphin should practice better communication and not be defensive about questions and patients wanting to be included in making the decisions about their care. I will not be back to this clinic because of these reasons. The office staff was nice.
Dr. David A Dauphin accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna DPPO
- Assurant DHA
- Assurant DHA Premier
- BCBS AL Preferred Dentists
- CIGNA Total DPPO
- Delta Dental PPO
- Delta Dental Premier
Dental Network of America
- Dental Network of America DPPO
- MetLife PDP
- Principal Dental PPO
- United Concordia Advantage Plus PPO
- United Concordia Alliance
- United Concordia National Fee-For-Service
Locations & DirectionsDAVID ALVA DAUPHIN DMD, 318 Westgate Pkwy Ste 1, Dothan, AL
Dr. David A Dauphin is similar to the following 4 Dentists near Dothan, AL.