Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. David E Ison has 2 locations
Book Online Now
Dr. David E Ison has the following 1 specialty
- General Dentistry
A dentist is a doctor who diagnoses and treats oral health issues. The most basic services dentists provide are preventative and regular maintenance treatments such as cleanings, fluoride treatments, X-rays (to look for cavities), cavity fillings. He or she also provides advice on proper brushing, flossing, and rinsing for the prevention of plaque buildup.
Dr. David E Ison has the following 8 expertise
- Root Canal
- Dental Check-up
Showing 4 of 4
Self-verified patient of Dr. David E Ison - Posted on November 15th, 2018
He is so kind and patient,treatment was reasonably priced,My husband and I both like him.
Self-verified patient of Dr. David E Ison - Posted on August 6th, 2016
I would recomend a second opinion
Self-verified patient of Dr. David E Ison - Posted on April 9th, 2013
My expierence with Ison was not what i expected. My daughter went to him when she was three, with a small cavity. It was on her baby tooth and he wanted to put her to sleep and pull it. i thought that was rediculous! so i got a second opinion. The second doctor i took her to thought that it was uncalled for, to pull out her baby teeth since they were going to fall out soon anyway. the second doctor saved my daughters tooth and she didnt have to go through all the pain Ison was going to put her through. I have a few family and friends that went to him and never went back too. Not only that.... he acted like my daughter was misbehaved while in his office. i was sitting ther with her the whole time and she was very well behaved. I would definately not recomend Ison!
Patients' Choice Award (2015, 2017, 2018)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
44 Years Experience
University Of Kentucky College Of Medicine
Graduated in 1974
Dr. David E Ison Accepts the Following Insurance
- Aetna DMO
- Aetna DPPO
- Ameritas PPO
- Assurant DHA
- Assurant DHA Premier
Blue Cross California
- BCCA Dental Blue 100/200/300
- CIGNA Radius Network
- CIGNA Total DPPO
- CompBenefits PPO
- Delta Dental PPO
- Delta Dental Premier
Dental Network of America
- Dental Network of America DPPO
- DenteMax Dental
- Guardian DentalGuard Preferred
- Humana Dental PPO
- MetLife PDP
- Principal Dental PPO
United Healthcare Dental
- United Healthcare Dental PPO
More about Dr. David E Ison
Dr. David E. Ison, DMD PSC Dr. Ison is a 1983 graduate of the University of Kentucky College of Dentistry, in Lexington, Kentucky. He also earned a Master's Degree in Administrative Social Work from the University of Kentucky, and a Master's Equivalency in Anatomical Science. He holds a Bachelor's Degree from Cumberland College with a Major in Psychology and Biology, and a Minor in Chemistry. Dr. Ison is on staff through the Department of Surgery at Georgetown Community Hospital, Frankfort Regional Medical Center, and New Horizons Medical Center in Owenton, Kentucky where he has served as Chief of Surgery for the last four years. He is a member of the Special Care Dentistry Association and the American Association of Hospital Dentists. Dr. Ison is licensed by the Kentucky Board of Dentistry to provide I.V. Conscious Sedation in his office and in the hospital.
Locations & Directions
Dr. David E Ison is similar to the following 4 Dentists near Williamstown, KY.