Binge Eating Disorder
Get the facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms, causes and related conditions.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Book Online Now
About Dr. David A Groat
Dr. David A Groat, DDS is a Dentist primarily located in Angels Camp, CA. His specialties include General Dentistry. He speaks English.
Dr. David A Groat has the following 1 specialty
- General Dentistry
Dr. David A Groat has the following 9 expertise
- Dental Check-up
- Root Canal
- Teeth Cleaning
Dr. David A Groat has 0 board certified specialties
Showing 2 of 4
I had been going to this dentist for about a year for routine cleanings without any issue. The dental hygienist is efficient and friendly. However, the last time I went in for a cleaning turned into a nightmare. I was told I had a "surface cavity" on one of my molars and I needed to schedule another appointment to get it filled. I went back and had the cavity filled. I hadn't felt any pain before, but after the filling, every time I bit down and then released, I was experiencing shooting pain. I returned and Dr. Groat said they needed to adjust the "bite," which they did (twice). I returned home and experienced the same pain for the next two weeks. I returned and Dr. Groat said they needed to pull the filling out as it appeared that I had a cracked molar and that I would need a crown and then began discussing the situation with the hygienist as if I wasn't there. Dr. Groat acted like the entire situation was no big deal and seemed to be glossing over the issue. I interrupted him and said, "So you're telling me, I came in with a surface cavity and now I have a cracked molar????" He agreed that was the case and then told me that I was being "combative." I responded, "I'm not being combative, I am voicing a legitimate concern that you cracked my molar and you're not even taking any personal ownership for the situation." He assured me that he would not charge me the deductible for the crown. I couldn't afford to go elsewhere and pay another dentist to fix Dr. Groat's error, so I returned to have the crown put in. The crown was put on and the pain continued. I returned to Dr. Groat's office once again for him to tell me that I needed a root canal. I was referred to a dentist that does root canals. My tooth still hurt for months after the procedure. I never even received a follow up phone call, let alone an apology. In fact, all I got was a lot of pain caused by a dentist that is indifferent, unethical and arrogant. DO NOT go to Dr. Groat.
I have nothing bad to say about Dr Groat or his staff. I have a different kind of insurance that just gives me discounts but it helps. He is the only one around that accepts it. He is thorough and keeps it short. I like that. His staff is the same. I'm in and out. He did a few fillings and I didn't feel a thing.
Dr. David A Groat accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna DPPO
- Ameritas PPO
- Assurant DHA
- Assurant DHA Premier
Blue Cross California
- BCCA Dental Blue 100/200/300
Blue Shield California
- BSCA Dental PPO
- CIGNA Radius Network
- CIGNA Total DPPO
- CompBenefits PPO
- Delta Dental PPO
- Delta Dental Premier
Dental Network of America
- Dental Network of America DPPO
- DenteMax Dental
- Dominion Dental PPO
First Dental Health
- First Dental Health
- Guardian DentalGuard Preferred
- Humana Dental PPO
- Liberty Dental CA Independence PPO
- MetLife PDP
- Principal Dental PPO
- United Concordia Advantage Plus PPO
- United Concordia Alliance
- United Concordia National Fee-For-Service
Locations & DirectionsDavid Anthony Groat Dds, 1300 Kurt Dr Ste 101, Angels Camp, CA
Dr. David A Groat is similar to the following 3 Dentists near Angels Camp, CA.