Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Book Online Now
Dr. Dean L Duncan has the following 2 specialties
- Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery
- General Dentistry
A dentist is a doctor who diagnoses and treats oral health issues. The most basic services dentists provide are preventative and regular maintenance treatments such as cleanings, fluoride treatments, X-rays (to look for cavities), cavity fillings. He or she also provides advice on proper brushing, flossing, and rinsing for the prevention of plaque buildup.
Dr. Dean L Duncan has the following 7 expertise
- Jaw Defects
- TMJ Disorders
- Impacted Wisdom Teeth
- Sleep Apnea
- Dental Implants
- Tooth/Bone Loss
- Bone Transplantation
Showing 1 of 1
Patients' Choice Award (2011, 2012, 2013)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
Please contact the office for more information.
More about Dr. Dean L Duncan
Meet Dr. Dean L. Duncan San Francisco Oral Surgeon Southern California was home to Dr. Duncan until graduation from high school; he then departed for San Luis Obispo, where he majored in biological sciences at Cal Poly. His career as a highly successful Oral Surgeon began when he entered the School of Dentistry at the University of the Pacific in San Francisco. After receiving his DDS degree, he performed a one year general practice residency at the Veterans Administration Hospital in Topeka Kansas, before moving back to Southern California and beginning his residency in Oral and Maxillofacial surgery. Upon completion of his requirements at Long Beach V.A. and U.C. Irvine Medical Centers, Dr. Duncan journeyed back to San Francisco, where he established his oral surgery practice on July 1, 1980 in the West Portal district. Dr. Duncan is Board certified in Oral and Maxillofacial surgery as well as a Diplomate of the American Board of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery. He also belongs to a number of professional organizations. American Association of oral and Maxillofacial Surgery Western Society of Oral and Maxillofcation Surgery California Association of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery Academy of Osseointegration American Dental Association California Dental Association San Francisco Dental Society Dr. Duncan is happily married and the proud father of 2 grown children. He is an avid sports enthusiast; enjoying golf, downhill skiing and yoga.
Locations & DirectionsORAL AND MAXILLOFACIAL SURGERY, 48 Vicente St Ste 2, San Francisco, CA
Dr. Dean L Duncan is similar to the following 4 Dentists near San Francisco, CA.