Get the facts about birth control so you can decide which type is right for you.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Book Online Now
About Dr. Deb L Joyner
Dr. Deb L Joyner, DDS is a Dentist primarily located in Cedar Rapids, IA. Her specialties include General Dentistry. She speaks English.
Dr. Deb L Joyner has the following 1 specialty
- General Dentistry
Dr. Deb L Joyner has the following 9 expertise
- Dental Check-up
- Teeth Cleaning
- Root Canal
Dr. Deb L Joyner has 0 board certified specialties
Showing 2 of 2
I am a former patient of Dr. Joyner. After many issues I opted to change dentists. The first issue is that they go through an extremely high number of hygienists and the hygienists that she hires do not seem competent. During one visit the hygienist took my x-rays literally 7 times and wanted to do one more time 'to get the picture just right', and I had to say no, that I did not want her to do it again and to please use one of the other x-rays she had taken. The main issue I had was that I strongly feel that they do work that is not needed. When I started there as a patient due to my prior dentist retiring, I had never had any cavities or any teeth issues at the age of 45. On my first visit they tried to tell me I had 4 cavities. I was shocked since I was told by my other dentist that I had excellent teeth and they did not believe I would ever have any cavities. I reluctantly had 2 filled, but decided to wait on the others. After one bad experience after another I opted to get a second opinion and change dentists. First, they made me pay an unacceptable amount to have my records sent to the new dentist, and secondly, they did not send all of my x-rays showing what they told me were cavities, and opted to only send the panoramic x-ray, even though I paid to have ALL of my records transferred. My new dentist told me that I do not have any cavities and they could see where the other two had been filled, but they did not feel that work was needed. This has also happened to other members of my family. I feel Dr. Joyner is a competent dentist, but I do not feel that her hygienists are competent or well trained, and I feel that they are doing unnecessary work at the patient's expense. Additionally, when my child went there for the first time, they would not allow me to go back with her. They also told her that she had multiple cavities and wanted to do work that we did not feel was necessary. I also felt their hours were not flexible with my schedule (cannot do any Friday appointments, or later in the day). Further, at one visit, I felt the environment was very unprofessional as while I was in the waiting room Dr. Joyner was loudly talking with her front office person about her personal life. She didn't seem to have any regard for others hearing her conversation. I would not recommend this practice.
Dr. Deb L Joyner accepts the following insurance providers.
- Delta Dental Premier
Locations & DirectionsJoyner Dental Arts, 410 Ashton Pl NE, Cedar Rapids, IA
Dr. Deb L Joyner is similar to the following 3 Dentists near Cedar Rapids, IA.