Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Book Online Now
Dr. Derek J Sakamaki has the following 1 specialty
- General Dentistry
A dentist is a doctor who diagnoses and treats oral health issues. The most basic services dentists provide are preventative and regular maintenance treatments such as cleanings, fluoride treatments, X-rays (to look for cavities), cavity fillings. He or she also provides advice on proper brushing, flossing, and rinsing for the prevention of plaque buildup.
Dr. Derek J Sakamaki has the following 9 expertise
- Teeth Cleaning
- Dental Check-up
- Root Canal
Showing 1 of 1
Dr. Derek J Sakamaki accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna DPPO
- Ameritas PPO
- Assurant DHA
- Assurant DHA Premier
- CIGNA Radius Network
- CIGNA Total DPPO
- CompBenefits PPO
- Delta Dental PPO
- Delta Dental Premier
Dental Network of America
- Dental Network of America DPPO
- Guardian DentalGuard Preferred
- HMSA Preferred Provider Comp Med
- Humana Dental PPO
- MetLife PDP
- Principal Dental PPO
- United Concordia Advantage Plus PPO
- United Concordia Alliance
- United Concordia National Fee-For-Service
More about Dr. Derek J Sakamaki
About Dr. Sakamaki Honolulu dentist, Dr. Derek J. Sakamaki has been in private practice with his father, Dr. Walter K. Sakamaki, for the past 13 years in Honolulu. He offers a wide range of services using the latest in technology and equipment. Family is very important to him, and that is why he chose to partner with his father. “Not only is my father a great mentor, I enjoy his company. All of us at Sakamaki Dental strive to give our patients the best treatment possible. We only do necessary work, and treat every patient as though they are part of our own family. With the latest in technology, it makes our work faster and more efficient for the patient. We guarantee all of our work.” “My philosophy on being a dentist is to do the best work possible using the best technology. With these two values in mind, our patients get a better outcome, our patients dental work is completed much faster, and our patients are more comfortable with our process. Our patients especially love our cutting edge technology which means they don't have to come back the second time for crowns. It means the setting time for things is only seconds versus minutes. It means getting a root canal done in 1 visit in 1 hour versus getting it done elsewhere in 2 visits in 3 hours.” Derek J. Sakamaki is a graduate of Punahou School (Honolulu, HI), Chaminade University Biology Major (Honolulu, HI), and Northwestern University Dental School (Chicago, IL). When Dr. Derek Sakamaki is not practicing his dentistry, he spends most of his time with his lovely wife and children, ages 12, 10, 7, and 4. “I enjoy spending time with my family and keeping involved with teaching my children Kempo Karate, Baseball and Softball.”
Locations & Directions
Dr. Derek J Sakamaki is similar to the following 4 Dentists near Honolulu, HI.