Is Dr. Derek Wong the right Dentist for you?
Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Derek Wong DDS
Dr. Derek Wong, DDS is a Dentist primarily located in San Rafael, CA, with another office in San Mateo, CA. His specialties include General Dentistry. He speaks English.
Dr. Derek Wong has 2 locations
Book Online Now
Dr. Derek Wong has the following 1 specialty
- General Dentistry
A dentist is a doctor who diagnoses and treats oral health issues. The most basic services dentists provide are preventative and regular maintenance treatments such as cleanings, fluoride treatments, X-rays (to look for cavities), cavity fillings. He or she also provides advice on proper brushing, flossing, and rinsing for the prevention of plaque buildup.
Dr. Derek Wong has the following 9 expertise
- Dental Check-up
- Teeth Cleaning
- Root Canal
Dr. Derek Wong Accepts the Following Insurance
- Aetna DPPO
- Ameritas PPO
- Assurant DHA
- Assurant DHA Premier
Blue Cross California
- BCCA Dental Blue 100/200/300
Blue Shield California
- BSCA Dental PPO
- CIGNA Radius Network
- CIGNA Total DPPO
- CompBenefits PPO
- Delta Dental DeltaCare USA
- Delta Dental PPO
- Delta Dental Premier
Dental Network of America
- Dental Network of America DPPO
- Guardian DentalGuard Preferred
- Humana Dental PPO
- MetLife PDP
- Principal Dental PPO
- United Concordia Advantage Plus PPO
- United Concordia Alliance
- United Concordia National Fee-For-Service
United Healthcare Dental
- United Healthcare Dental PPO
More about Dr. Derek Wong
Dr. Derek Wong, DDS, MS Derek was born and raised in Northern California and is the oldest of four brothers. He earned his Bachelor of Science in Molecular and Cellular Biology at the University of California, Berkeley. At UC Berkeley, he volunteered at the Berkeley Dental Free Clinic, mentored youths in the surrounding school district and also instructed a class. Most importantly, he also met his wife, Jaime. Derek enjoyed the education he received at UC Berkeley and really appreciated the unique qualities of the town. After college, Derek moved down to Los Angeles to attend the University of Southern California, School of Dentistry where he earned his Doctorate of Dental Surgery. While at USC, he was a staff volunteer for the USC mobile clinic, which provided free dental care for children in Los Angeles. He also co-authored a publication in a scientific journal about Pindborg tumors. During his third year in dental school, Derek was fortunate enough to be one of the few students chosen to join the USC Undergraduate Orthodontic Selective. That program allowed him to treat orthodontic cases and solidified his desire to become an orthodontist. Shortly after graduating dental school, Derek began his orthodontic residency at USC. There he learned the latest techniques in orthodontic treatment and was also exposed to new technologies such as cone-beam computed tomography and digital cephalometric tracing. After completing his thesis at USC, he was awarded a Masters in Craniofacial Biology. His three years in the program gave him the opportunity to work with many patients and allowed him to see the positive impact he had on his patients’ lives. Derek is very excited to begin the next part of his life. He currently lives in the Pasadena area with his wife and three dogs. They recently had a baby boy named Riley and enjoy watching him grow. When he is not practicing orthodontics, his favorite past-times include going to the gym, spending time with his family and dogs, watching movies, USC football and keeping reptiles. Derek is very easygoing and believes in laughing every day. He looks forward to meeting all of Dr. Skip’s patients and cannot imagine a better place to build new friendships! Fight on!
Locations & Directions
Dr. Derek Wong is similar to the following 4 Dentists near San Rafael, CA.