Get the facts about birth control so you can decide which type is right for you.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Derrick R Askins has the following 1 specialty
- General Dentistry
A dentist is a doctor who diagnoses and treats oral health issues. The most basic services dentists provide are preventative and regular maintenance treatments such as cleanings, fluoride treatments, X-rays (to look for cavities), cavity fillings. He or she also provides advice on proper brushing, flossing, and rinsing for the prevention of plaque buildup.
- Dental Check-up
- Root Canal
- Teeth Cleaning
Showing 5 of 9
The office is relatively disorganized, and somewhat petty. Here are some examples to support my opinions: 1. I had scheduled a cleaning, six months in advance. The day before, I got a call reminding me, however the appointment time they provided was 30 minutes earlier than when I'd actually scheduled. I had to call back and sort it out with the receptionist. 2. When I got there, they assumed I was late (when I was in fact early) and let someone in my place, therefore I had to wait an additional 45 minutes for my hygienist to become available. 3. They had my re-fill out the paperwork, as they lost my chart and information. 4. The hygienist asked me if I knew of anyone hiring, when I mentioned that I work with health care (but noted that I don't work directly with providers). I would never com here again. I shouldn't have even had my follow-up here.
Patients' Choice Award (2015)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
Dr. Derrick R Askins accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna DPPO
- Ameritas PPO
- Assurant DHA
- Assurant DHA Premier
- BCBS TX BlueCare Dental
- BCBS TX DentaBlue
Blue Cross California
- BCCA Dental Blue 100/200/300
- CIGNA Total DPPO
- Delta Dental PPO
- Delta Dental Premier
Dental Network of America
- Dental Network of America DPPO
- Emblem Dental - Preferred Plus
- Guardian DentalGuard Preferred
- MetLife PDP
- Principal Dental PPO
- United Concordia Advantage Plus PPO
- United Concordia Alliance
- United Concordia National Fee-For-Service
- View by Location
Locations & Directions
Dr. Derrick R Askins is similar to the following 3 Dentists near Red Oak, TX.