Get the facts about birth control so you can decide which type is right for you.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Book Online Now
Dr. Donald F Cohen has the following 2 specialties
- Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery
- General Dentistry
A dentist is a doctor who diagnoses and treats oral health issues. The most basic services dentists provide are preventative and regular maintenance treatments such as cleanings, fluoride treatments, X-rays (to look for cavities), cavity fillings. He or she also provides advice on proper brushing, flossing, and rinsing for the prevention of plaque buildup.
Dr. Donald F Cohen has the following 14 expertise
- Sleep Apnea
- Dental Implants
- Jaw Defects
- Tooth/Bone Loss
- Tooth Removal (Tooth Extraction)
- Facial Nerve Pain (Trigeminal Neuralgia)
- Impacted Wisdom Teeth
- TMJ Disorders
- Impacted Tooth
- Dental Implantation
- Oral Surgical Procedures
- Temporomandibular Joint Dysfunction Syndrome (TMJ)
- Sleep Apnea (Sleep Apnea Syndromes)
Showing 5 of 10
Self-verified patient of Dr. Donald F Cohen - Posted on October 5th, 2016
Self-verified patient of Dr. Donald F Cohen - Posted on August 9th, 2016
Fort Bend ISD Teacher
Self-verified patient of Dr. Donald F Cohen - Posted on May 27th, 2016
Dr. Cohen and his staff were very caring to my son who had 4 of his wisdom teeth extracted. My son did not suffer any pain during his oral surgery. He recovered very quickly and was back to his physical activities after 3 days. What I admire most about Dr. Cohen was that he took the time to explain the procedure and was honest and fair in regard to the amount that we were billed. I had another dentist who give us an estimate that was $1200 more than what Dr. Cohen charged us. Thank you Dr. Cohen and your staff.
Thank you Houston Oral Surgery!
Self-verified patient of Dr. Donald F Cohen - Posted on April 22nd, 2016
Self-verified patient of Dr. Donald F Cohen - Posted on February 25th, 2016
I have a generalized fear of dentists so when I was told to see an oral surgeon for extraction of a wisdom tooth, I was very apprehensive. The team quickly put me at ease. Dr. Cohen was great. The extraction was painless with no pain after. The extraction was in the morning; I was back at work by afternoon. After a toothache for 3 months, I am now a "happy camper"! Kudos to Dr. Cohen and team !!
Patients' Choice Award (2016, 2017)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
44 Years Experience
Baylor College Of Medicine
Graduated in 1974
Dr. Donald F Cohen accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna DPPO
- Ameritas PPO
- Assurant DHA
- Assurant DHA Premier
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS TX BlueCare Dental
- BCBS TX BlueChoice
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA LocalPlus
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- CIGNA Dental DHMO
- CIGNA Radius Network
- CIGNA Total DPPO
- Delta Dental PPO
- Delta Dental Premier
Dental Network of America
- Dental Network of America DPPO
- DenteMax Dental
- Emblem Dental - Preferred Plus
- Guardian DentalGuard Preferred
- Guardian Managed DentalGuard
- Humana HMO
- Humana HMO Premier
- Humana National HMO
- Principal Dental PPO
- United Concordia Advantage Plus PPO
- United Concordia Alliance
- United Concordia National Fee-For-Service
United Healthcare Dental
- United Healthcare Dental PPO
More about Dr. Donald F Cohen
Born and raised in Dallas, Texas, Donald Cohen attended the University of Arizona and Baylor College of Dentistry in Dallas, graduating in 1974. He began his specialty training as an intern for six months at John Peter Smith Hospital in Ft. Worth, Texas, followed by a four-year residency at the University of Texas Dental Branch and the affiliated hospitals in the Texas Medical Center in Houston. After completing his formal training in 1979, Dr. Cohen was appointed as a Clinical Assistant Professor with the Department of Oral & Maxillofacial Surgery at the University of Texas Health Science Center Houston and entered into private practice. He opened an office in the Texas Medical Center Scurlock Tower in January 1981. Dr. Cohen's practice encompasses all facets of Oral & Maxillofacial Surgery. He has been certified in Advanced Cardiac Life Support since 1982, Pediatric Advanced Life Support since June 2011, and provides all forms of anesthesia to supplement office-based surgery. He has obtained additional training and has extensive experience in the treatment of oral-facial cancer and jaw reconstruction with bone grafts and implant dentistry such as dental implants. He is an active member at Houston Methodist Hospital, Baylor St. Luke's Medical Center Hospital, and Texas Children's Hospital, where he serves on numerous medical staff committees. Dr. Cohen is a fellow of the American Association of Oral & Maxillofacial Surgeons, is a member of the Texas, Southwest, and Houston Societies of Oral & Maxillofacial Surgeons, the American and Texas Dental Associations, the Greater Houston Dental Society, Texas Dental Association Council of Ethics and Judicial Affairs, and many other professional organizations, including numerous implant dentistry societies. He has served on the Board of Directors of the Greater Houston Dental Society and is a past president of the Houston Society of Oral & Maxillofacial Surgeons. He also currently serves as a member of the Board of Directors of the Aid To Victims of Domestic Abuse (AVDA).
Locations & DirectionsDONALD F COHEN DDS, 6560 Fannin St Ste 1522, Houston, TX
Dr. Donald F Cohen is similar to the following 4 Dentists near Houston, TX.