- Ulcerative Colitis Get the facts about ulcerative colitis, including what causes it, signs and symptoms, and complications that can arise from the condition.
- Psoriatic Arthritis Get the facts about psoriatic arthritis, including who gets it, the symptoms, and the different types.
- Adult Asthma Get the facts about adult asthma, including who gets it, what triggers it, and how allergies can affect it.
- Fibromyalgia Get the facts about fibromyalgia, including the symptoms and conditions that may be related to it.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Donald F Cohen
Dr. Donald F Cohen has 2 locations
Dr. Donald F Cohen has the following 3 SPECIALTIES
Dr. Donald F Cohen has the following 14 expertise
- Sleep Apnea
- Dental Implants
- Jaw Defects
- Tooth/Bone Loss
- Tooth Removal (Tooth Extraction)
- Facial Nerve Pain (Trigeminal Neuralgia)
- Impacted Wisdom Teeth
- TMJ Disorders
- Impacted Tooth
- Dental Implantation
- Oral Surgical Procedures
- Temporomandibular Joint Dysfunction Syndrome (TMJ)
- Sleep Apnea (Sleep Apnea Syndromes)
Patients' Choice Award (2016, 2017)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
46 Years Experience
Graduated in 1974
Dr. Donald F Cohen Accepts the Following Insurance
More about Dr. Donald F Cohen
Born and raised in Dallas, Texas, Donald Cohen attended the University of Arizona and Baylor College of Dentistry in Dallas, graduating in 1974. He began his specialty training as an intern for six months at John Peter Smith Hospital in Ft. Worth, Texas, followed by a four-year residency at the University of Texas Dental Branch and the affiliated hospitals in the Texas Medical Center in Houston. After completing his formal training in 1979, Dr. Cohen was appointed as a Clinical Assistant Professor with the Department of Oral & Maxillofacial Surgery at the University of Texas Health Science Center Houston and entered into private practice. He opened an office in the Texas Medical Center Scurlock Tower in January 1981. Dr. Cohen's practice encompasses all facets of Oral & Maxillofacial Surgery. He has been certified in Advanced Cardiac Life Support since 1982, Pediatric Advanced Life Support since June 2011, and provides all forms of anesthesia to supplement office-based surgery. He has obtained additional training and has extensive experience in the treatment of oral-facial cancer and jaw reconstruction with bone grafts and implant dentistry such as dental implants. He is an active member at Houston Methodist Hospital, Baylor St. Luke's Medical Center Hospital, and Texas Children's Hospital, where he serves on numerous medical staff committees. Dr. Cohen is a fellow of the American Association of Oral & Maxillofacial Surgeons, is a member of the Texas, Southwest, and Houston Societies of Oral & Maxillofacial Surgeons, the American and Texas Dental Associations, the Greater Houston Dental Society, Texas Dental Association Council of Ethics and Judicial Affairs, and many other professional organizations, including numerous implant dentistry societies. He has served on the Board of Directors of the Greater Houston Dental Society and is a past president of the Houston Society of Oral & Maxillofacial Surgeons. He also currently serves as a member of the Board of Directors of the Aid To Victims of Domestic Abuse (AVDA).