Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Book Online Now
Dr. Donald C Hofheins has the following 2 specialties
- Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery
- General Dentistry
A dentist is a doctor who diagnoses and treats oral health issues. The most basic services dentists provide are preventative and regular maintenance treatments such as cleanings, fluoride treatments, X-rays (to look for cavities), cavity fillings. He or she also provides advice on proper brushing, flossing, and rinsing for the prevention of plaque buildup.
Dr. Donald C Hofheins has the following 6 expertise
- Impacted Wisdom Teeth
- TMJ Disorders
- Jaw Defects
- Tooth/Bone Loss
- Sleep Apnea
- Dental Implants
Please contact the office for more information.
More about Dr. Donald C Hofheins
MEET US Meet Dr. DonaldC. Hofheins, DDS Dr. Hofheins grew up in Chillicothe, Missouri, and earned his BachelorÕs Degree at Southwest Missouri State University. He obtained his Doctor of Dental Surgery from the University of Missouri School of Dentistry in Kansas City. Following dental school Dr. Hofheins joined the Army and completed a one-year general practice residency at Fort Carsons, Colorado. He practiced general dentistry in the Army for six years with assignments in Germany and Texas. Dr. Hofheins completed his residency in Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery at Tripler Army Medical Center in Honolulu, Hawaii. His intensive four-year residency training included surgical management of maxillofacial trauma, pathology, reconstruction and facial deformities as well as dental implants, cosmetic facial surgery, temporomandibular joint surgery, and anesthesia. Immediately following his residency, Dr. Hofheins completed an Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery Fellowship at the Medical College of Wisconsin in Milwaukee. After his formal training Dr. Hofheins remained in the Army teaching the specialty to Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery residents. His teaching career culminated as Program Director of the Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery Residency at Womack Army Medical Center in Fort Bragg, North Carolina. He moved back to his home state to retire from military service at Fort Leonard Wood and joined Midwest Oral and Maxillo-Facial Surgery in 2005. Dr. Hofheins is board certified and is a Diplomate of the American Board of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery and is a Fellow of the American Association of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgeons and the American Dental Society of Anesthesiology. He is also a member of the American Dental Association and the Missouri Association of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgeons. Dr. Hofheins and his wife Cindy have five children. His interests and hobbies center around his family and church. He also enjoys hunting, fishing, and playing his guitar.
Locations & Directions
Dr. Donald C Hofheins is similar to the following 4 Dentists near Chesterfield, MO.