Binge Eating Disorder
Get the facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms, causes and related conditions.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Ed A Akeel
Dr. Ed A Akeel, DDS is a Dentist primarily located in Charlottesville, VA. His specialties include General Dentistry. He speaks English.
Book Online Now
Dr. Ed A Akeel has the following 1 specialty
- General Dentistry
A dentist is a doctor who diagnoses and treats oral health issues. The most basic services dentists provide are preventative and regular maintenance treatments such as cleanings, fluoride treatments, X-rays (to look for cavities), cavity fillings. He or she also provides advice on proper brushing, flossing, and rinsing for the prevention of plaque buildup.
Dr. Ed A Akeel has the following 13 expertise
- Root Canal
- Dental Check-up
- Tooth Whitening
- Bridges and Crowns
- Teeth Cleaning
- Dental Implants
Dr. Ed A Akeel Accepts the Following Insurance
- Ameritas PPO
- Assurant DHA
- Assurant DHA Premier
- CareFirst Regional Preferred Dental PPO
- CareFirst Regional Traditional Dental
- CIGNA Radius Network
- CIGNA Total DPPO
- CompBenefits PPO
- Delta Dental PPO
- Delta Dental Premier
Dental Network of America
- Dental Network of America DPPO
- DenteMax Dental
- Guardian DentalGuard Preferred
- Humana Dental PPO
- MetLife PDP
- Principal Dental PPO
- United Concordia Advantage Plus PPO
- United Concordia Alliance
- United Concordia National Fee-For-Service
United Healthcare Dental
- United Healthcare Dental PPO
More about Dr. Ed A Akeel
Dr. Ed Akeel has practiced dentistry for 25 years... and counting. In July of 1981, Dr. Akeel graduated from the University of Alexandria in Egypt with a Bachelors degree in Dental Medicine and Surgery. Following graduation, he successfully completed a two-year review at New York University, passing both parts of the national and state dental exams in 1983. Dr. Akeel then passed New York's Clinical Examination and became a licensed dentist in April of 1984. While attending New York University, Dr. Akeel had the privilege of being employed by acclaimed New York dentist Jerry Adelson, assisting him in the treatment of patients under general anesthesia. He also spent three years working in an orthodontics practice, gaining valuable experience in orthodontia. Dr. Akeel then worked alongside Dr. Kenneth Sloan, a general practitioner. In November 1985, Dr. Akeel established his own private practice and was introduced to the business aspects of dentistry. Shortly thereafter Dr. Akeel and his family moved to Charlottesville, VA, where his practice has flourished ever since. During his tenure as a dentist, Dr. Akeel began to develop a passion for implant dentistry, creating comfortable and perfectly fitting dentures and using the new Invisalign technology to produce a beautifully aligned smile. He continues to bring creative, modern dentistry to the local area, allowing him to create extraordinarily beautiful smiles.
Locations & Directions, ,
Dr. Ed A Akeel is similar to the following 4 Dentists near Charlottesville, VA.