Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Elizabeth A Alcorn DDS
Dr. Elizabeth A Alcorn, DDS is a Dentist primarily located in Charlottesville, VA, with another office in Charlottesville, VA. Her specialties include General Dentistry. She speaks English.
Dr. Elizabeth A Alcorn has 2 locations
90 Whitewood Rd Ste 3
Charlottesville, VA 22901
676 Berkmar Cir
Charlottesville, VA 22901
Book Online Now
Dr. Elizabeth A Alcorn has the following 1 specialty
- General Dentistry
A dentist is a doctor who diagnoses and treats oral health issues. The most basic services dentists provide are preventative and regular maintenance treatments such as cleanings, fluoride treatments, X-rays (to look for cavities), cavity fillings. He or she also provides advice on proper brushing, flossing, and rinsing for the prevention of plaque buildup.
Dr. Elizabeth A Alcorn has the following 9 expertise
- Root Canal
- Dental Check-up
- Teeth Cleaning
Showing 1 of 1
Lack of customer service / professionalism
Self-verified patient of Dr. Elizabeth A Alcorn - Posted on March 6th, 2017
My family and I went to Charlottesville Dental Care for a year - five cleanings in total while we were under the impression we were being covered by our insurance. We weren't... which contradicts what we were told, but ultimately falls on us to double check. However, instead of bringing it to our attention, we were encouraged to keep coming in and making appointments. Then, nearly a full year after our original appointment, we were sent a bill for almost $1k - the full balance of all of our appointments. I feel like it should go without saying, but if we were informed one, two, even three months after our first appointment that there was a problem with our insurance, or a balance due, then we would have never made subsequent appointments. Sure, it would have been painful getting that first bill and realizing that Dr. Alcorn was not a "preferred" provider for our insurance, but it would have been a fraction of the cost & stress that came after nearly a year of appointments. Things only got worse after receiving the bill. I left voicemails and requests to speak with someone and never received a call back. When I was able to speak to someone I would be promised that it was being looked into and someone would get back to me - they never did. In the end we requested to speak directly to Dr. Alcorn through her front desk staff and also by email. She never returned our call or emails. My advice, unless you are one of the lucky few that never has medical billing/insurance issues, steer clear of Charlottesville Dental Care due to the total lack of customer service and professionalism from the top down.
Dr. Elizabeth A Alcorn Accepts the Following Insurance
- Ameritas PPO
- Assurant DHA Premier
- CareFirst Regional Preferred Dental PPO
- CareFirst Regional Traditional Dental
- Delta Dental PPO
- Delta Dental Premier
Dental Network of America
- Dental Network of America DPPO
- Principal Dental PPO
- United Concordia Advantage Plus PPO
- United Concordia Alliance
- United Concordia National Fee-For-Service
Locations & Directions
Dr. Elizabeth A Alcorn is similar to the following 4 Dentists near Charlottesville, VA.