Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Book Online Now
Dr. Gordon D Barfield has the following 1 specialty
- General Dentistry
A dentist is a doctor who diagnoses and treats oral health issues. The most basic services dentists provide are preventative and regular maintenance treatments such as cleanings, fluoride treatments, X-rays (to look for cavities), cavity fillings. He or she also provides advice on proper brushing, flossing, and rinsing for the prevention of plaque buildup.
Dr. Gordon D Barfield has the following 8 expertise
- Open Bite
- Space Maintainers
- Cross Bite
Dr. Gordon D Barfield accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna DPPO
- Ameritas PPO
- Assurant DHA
- Assurant DHA Premier
- CIGNA Radius Network
Dental Network of America
- Dental Network of America DPPO
- Principal Dental PPO
- United Concordia Advantage Plus PPO
- United Concordia Alliance
- United Concordia National Fee-For-Service
More about Dr. Gordon D Barfield
Dr. Gordon Barfield (Dr. B) was born in New Orleans, Louisiana and brings over twenty years of varied experience to our practice. His formative years were spent in the southeastern part of our country, in Louisiana, Florida, Tennessee, and Virginia. He graduated from Salem High School in Salem, Virginia and earned the BS with honors in biological sciences from Roanoke College. He received the DDS degree from The University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill in 1990, and was widely decorated including being named the recipient of the prestigious William Kramer award from Omicron Kappa Upsilon. Following his dental training, Dr. Barfield served in the United States Air Force while completing his residency in comprehensive dentistry. In 1993, he joined Dental Associates in Salem, Virginia in the group practice of family dentistry, focusing on cosmetic dentistry. After 14 years of service to his community, he made the decision to return to his calling of orthodontics. He completed his specialty training in orthodontics and dentofacial orthopedics at the University of Nevada Las Vegas. While there, Dr. Barfield completed original research on the acceptance and use of three dimensional cone beam computed tomography for orthodontic diagnosis and treatment planning. It was during his tenure at the University of Nevada that Drs. Barfield and Chrzan developed the concept for their joint orthodontic practice. Dr. Barfield is American Board of Orthodontics board eligible, having completed phase one of the multiyear examination. He holds active membership in the American Association of Orthodontists (Southern Association), American Dental Association, Georgia Association of Orthodontists, Geogia Dental Association, Northern and Central District Dental Societies, as well as the Hinman Dental Society. While not creating beautiful smiles, Dr. B loves travelling, scuba diving, cycling, and his beloved North Carolina Tar Heels. Dr. Barfield sees patients at all of our office locations.
Locations & Directions
Dr. Gordon D Barfield is similar to the following 4 Dentists near Athens, GA.