- Ulcerative Colitis Get the facts about ulcerative colitis, including what causes it, signs and symptoms, and complications that can arise from the condition.
- Psoriatic Arthritis Get the facts about psoriatic arthritis, including who gets it, the symptoms, and the different types.
- Adult Asthma Get the facts about adult asthma, including who gets it, what triggers it, and how allergies can affect it.
- Fibromyalgia Get the facts about fibromyalgia, including the symptoms and conditions that may be related to it.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Gordon D Barfield
Dr. Gordon D Barfield is a doctor primarily located in Atlanta, GA, with other offices in Athens, GA and Atlanta, GA( and 3 other locations). Their specialties include Orthodontics. They speak English.
Dr. Gordon D Barfield has 5 locations
Dr. Gordon D Barfield has the following 1 SPECIALTIES
Dr. Gordon D Barfield has the following 8 expertise
- Open Bite
- Space Maintainers
- Cross Bite
Dr. Gordon D Barfield Accepts the Following Insurance
- Aetna DPPO
- Ameritas PPO
- Assurant DHA Premier
- Assurant DHA
Dental Network of America
- Dental Network of America DPPO
- Principal Dental PPO
- United Concordia Advantage Plus PPO
- United Concordia Alliance
- United Concordia National Fee-For-Service
More about Dr. Gordon D Barfield
Dr. Gordon Barfield (Dr. B) was born in New Orleans, Louisiana and brings over twenty years of varied experience to our practice. His formative years were spent in the southeastern part of our country, in Louisiana, Florida, Tennessee, and Virginia. He graduated from Salem High School in Salem, Virginia and earned the BS with honors in biological sciences from Roanoke College. He received the DDS degree from The University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill in 1990, and was widely decorated including being named the recipient of the prestigious William Kramer award from Omicron Kappa Upsilon. Following his dental training, Dr. Barfield served in the United States Air Force while completing his residency in comprehensive dentistry. In 1993, he joined Dental Associates in Salem, Virginia in the group practice of family dentistry, focusing on cosmetic dentistry. After 14 years of service to his community, he made the decision to return to his calling of orthodontics. He completed his specialty training in orthodontics and dentofacial orthopedics at the University of Nevada Las Vegas. While there, Dr. Barfield completed original research on the acceptance and use of three dimensional cone beam computed tomography for orthodontic diagnosis and treatment planning. It was during his tenure at the University of Nevada that Drs. Barfield and Chrzan developed the concept for their joint orthodontic practice. Dr. Barfield is American Board of Orthodontics board eligible, having completed phase one of the multiyear examination. He holds active membership in the American Association of Orthodontists (Southern Association), American Dental Association, Georgia Association of Orthodontists, Geogia Dental Association, Northern and Central District Dental Societies, as well as the Hinman Dental Society. While not creating beautiful smiles, Dr. B loves travelling, scuba diving, cycling, and his beloved North Carolina Tar Heels. Dr. Barfield sees patients at all of our office locations.