Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Harold Perlaza has the following 1 specialty
- General Dentistry
A dentist is a doctor who diagnoses and treats oral health issues. The most basic services dentists provide are preventative and regular maintenance treatments such as cleanings, fluoride treatments, X-rays (to look for cavities), cavity fillings. He or she also provides advice on proper brushing, flossing, and rinsing for the prevention of plaque buildup.
Dr. Harold Perlaza has the following 8 expertise
- Dental Check-up
- Root Canal
Showing 5 of 6
15 years ago, when my wife was a patient of Dr. Perlaza and I wasn't, I had excruciating tooth pain on a Sunday. Dr. Perlaza, on his day off, agreed to meet me at his office to perform an emergency root canal. Suffice it to say that I was extremely grateful for the courtesy and became a loyal patient. Over the years, Dr. Perlaza continued to prove that he is an excellent dentist. He runs his practice with great efficiency. His advice and recommendations are always honest and not embellished. I love his office's set up which is state of the art and soothing. For any procedure, there is a TV screen overhead. For longer procedures, there is a menu of films to watch. Fortunately (or unfortunately) I once got to see one of those films from beginning to end, which kept my mind occupied. :) The most important thing is that Dr. Perlaza has a soft touch with everything he does. Even the anesthesia shots don't hurt! After getting to know Dr. Perlaza's soft touch, I was never apprehensive again about going to him for any scheduled procedure and I always trusted that I would walk out of his office painlessly. I moved out of the area a couple of months ago and doubt I will ever find another dentist of Dr. Perlaza's caliber. Too bad, so sad.
Been going here for at least 13 years. Never had an issue. When I first went I had not been to a dentist in many years. I went to some place in Pasadena that seemed kinda shadey telling me they had to peel my gums back and then they escorted me to a financial aid office. I ran outta there and on my boss's suggestion told me about Dr. Perlaza. All I can say is I never needed surgery and my teeth have never been healthier.
Patients' Choice Award (2011, 2012)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
Dr. Harold Perlaza accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna DPPO
- Ameritas PPO
- Assurant DHA
- Assurant DHA Premier
Blue Cross California
- BCCA Dental Blue 100/200/300
- CIGNA Radius Network
- CIGNA Total DPPO
- CompBenefits PPO
- Delta Dental PPO
- Delta Dental Premier
- DenteMax Dental
- Dominion Dental PPO
First Dental Health
- First Dental Health
- Guardian DentalGuard Preferred
- Humana Dental PPO
- Liberty Dental CA Independence PPO
- MetLife PDP
- Principal Dental PPO
- United Concordia Advantage Plus PPO
- United Concordia Alliance
- United Concordia National Fee-For-Service
United Healthcare Dental
- United Healthcare Dental PPO
Locations & DirectionsSherman Oaks Dentistry, 4955 Van Nuys Blvd Ste 202, Sherman Oaks, CA
Dr. Harold Perlaza is similar to the following 3 Dentists near Sherman Oaks, CA.