Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Howard Rappaport has the following 1 specialty
- General Dentistry
A dentist is a doctor who diagnoses and treats oral health issues. The most basic services dentists provide are preventative and regular maintenance treatments such as cleanings, fluoride treatments, X-rays (to look for cavities), cavity fillings. He or she also provides advice on proper brushing, flossing, and rinsing for the prevention of plaque buildup.
Dr. Howard Rappaport has the following 9 expertise
- Dental Check-up
- Root Canal
- Teeth Cleaning
Showing 5 of 5
Dr.Rappaport recommended having a root canal when the procedure was finished the root, which was suppose to be treated was only done half way causing a bad bacterial infection resulting in severe pain, foul mouth odor, and public embarrassment. The crown was poorly molded leaving a uncomfortable fitting that was poorly supported. It was only cemented on causing it to fall out a year later; when the work should of had a post for added support as stated by numerous professional dentist when asked for their opinion. I asked for two professional opinions about the work Rappaport had done by these two top rated dentist in the area who had no knowledge beforehand of what transpired. Both dentist showed me the X-Rays that showed the infection because of the root not being cleaned correctly, which if left untreated could of left me with a fatal injury later in life. It also resulted in me being treated with medication for this infection. Also the crown was found by both dentist to be poorly molded, and a bad fit; they were also baffled why a professional dentist would only cement the tooth without the post with the condition of my tooth as it would always require to have post in order to secure a hold. When i confronted Rappaport about this information he was angered, and bothered along with his secretary who told me over the phone i should of never went to other dentist in the first place. Well when i arranged a meeting to have the work corrected Dr.Rappaport did not seem concerned about my condition never taking any X-Rays once again, also putting on cement to secure the tooth without any post. He was very agitated that i had come back; as well missed the fact that the tooth right next to the one where he had previously worked on a root canal needed a crown as well, which i was later told by both dentist that this tooth could of been caused by the previous root canal treating. Overall this cost me a lot of time, and money that will never be returned. Upon having to pay Dr.Rappaport i had to get the problem fixed elsewhere which caused me even more money to fix the problems he had caused because everything needed to be retreated. I would not recommend this dentist to anyone the equipment is outdated, his medical knowledge i can believe is not kept up to modern practices, and his concern for his patients is below par.
50 Years Experience
- Temple University Physicians
Please contact the office for more information.
Locations & DirectionsHoward D Rappaport DDS, 24 State Route 34, South Amboy, NJ
Dr. Howard Rappaport is similar to the following 3 Dentists near South Amboy, NJ.