- Ulcerative Colitis Get the facts about ulcerative colitis, including what causes it, signs and symptoms, and complications that can arise from the condition.
- Psoriatic Arthritis Get the facts about psoriatic arthritis, including who gets it, the symptoms, and the different types.
- Adult Asthma Get the facts about adult asthma, including who gets it, what triggers it, and how allergies can affect it.
- Fibromyalgia Get the facts about fibromyalgia, including the symptoms and conditions that may be related to it.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Hugh P Champagne
Dr. Hugh P Champagne is a doctor primarily located in Gretna, LA, with other offices in Gretna, LA and Slidell, LA. Their specialties include General Dentistry. They speak English.
Dr. Hugh P Champagne has 3 locations
Dr. Hugh P Champagne has the following 1 SPECIALTIES
Dr. Hugh P Champagne Accepts the Following Insurance
More about Dr. Hugh P Champagne
Hugh P. Champagne, DDS Hugh P. Champagne, DDS Dr. Champagne, prior to practicing dentistry, was a Marine Biologist and active preservationist of our Louisiana coastline.Â He attended Tulane University and received a Bachelor of Science Degree with a major in Zoology and a minor in Physics and Chemistry.Â After graduation, Dr. Champagne worked as an oyster biologist with the Louisiana Department of Wildlife and Fisheries.Â He helped to develop and plan a new biological laboratory at Grand Terre, Louisiana.Â He also served as an officer in the U.S. Army, Biological Warfare Division and Chemical Radiological Technology group as an Intelligence Officer.Â He is a graduate of Loyola University School of Dentistry and was membership in the C. Victor Vines Society (an Honorary Dental Society).Â He and his wife, Cathy share a family of seven children.Â He is an active member and usher of the St. John Bosco Catholic Church in Gretna, Louisiana. Dr. Champagne is a member of the New Orleans Dental Association, Louisiana Dental Association, American Dental Association, and the New Orleans Chapter of Delta Sigma Delta, where he received the highest honor given by the fraternity being named as the Supreme Grand Master of the Supreme Grand Chapter.Â After graduation, Dr. Champagne continued crown and bridge research at Loyola and received a public health grant for research.Â He continues to advance his studies both professionally and by mentoring dental students.Â He has been inducted into the International College of Dentists and belongs to many dental study clubs.Â He continues to practice in Gretna 3 days a week and Slidell 2 days a week.Â Dr. Champagne performs the endodontic procedures (root canals treatments) in our office.Â His vast experience and our state of the art technology afford our patients the quality and comfort they deserve.Â Dr. Champagne's main concern is the comfort of our patients during and after the endodontic procedure is completed.