Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Book Online Now
Dr. Illya A Tarasenko has the following 1 specialty
- General Dentistry
A dentist is a doctor who diagnoses and treats oral health issues. The most basic services dentists provide are preventative and regular maintenance treatments such as cleanings, fluoride treatments, X-rays (to look for cavities), cavity fillings. He or she also provides advice on proper brushing, flossing, and rinsing for the prevention of plaque buildup.
Dr. Illya A Tarasenko has the following 8 expertise
- Root Canal
- Dental Check-up
Dr. Illya A Tarasenko has 0 board certified specialties
Showing 4 of 8
I recently changed dentists and was referred to Dr. Tarasenko. My experience with him was horrible!!!! He was demeaning in how he approached the dental work that I needed to get done and harassing about how I conduct my life, constantly hounding me about smoking and harassing me every time I saw him about it. My first experience in his dental chair, he immediately went in my mouth to give me a shot with out even using the numbing gel first. I of course, yelled in pain!! He was actually annoyed and told me to "stop with the drama and not make noise because he had a patient in the next room." After that I had to get a root canal done. He refused to give me the gas and then didn't even give me enough Novocain for the procedure. I felt everything!!! The pain was excruciating and and I was screaming and crying in pain. I pleaded multiple times asking him to STOP and he just kept going!! I have never been treated so badly an inhumane in my life!!!
OK, I dont know where to begin. Dr. Tarasenko has literally made going to the dentist an enjoyable experience. I know this might sound farfetched but he is such an honest, genuine, and gently guy that he has really helped me rescue my dental hygiene and begin taking great care of my teeth again. I have had two crowns, two extractions and two cleanings in the past year and we have developed a genuine friendship as he has been so accommodating with scheduling changes i have had to make as well as seeing me on weekends when i really could not find a dentist to see me. Personally he's a very funny guy and so straightforward as he never makes any judgements and just wants to help improve your overall dental hygiene. I switched from a dentist i was seeing in Park Slope and could not be happier. He always showed me what my insurance covered beforehand and has been more than reasonable with helping me find the most affordable and efficient route to take to fix my teeth. AWESOME DENTIST!
Patients' Choice Award (2015)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
10 Years Experience
Temple University School Of Medicine
Graduated in 2008
Dr. Illya A Tarasenko accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna DPPO
- Assurant DHA
- CIGNA Radius Network
- CIGNA Total DPPO
Dental Network of America
- Dental Network of America DPPO
- Guardian DentalGuard Preferred
- MetLife PDP
- United Concordia National Fee-For-Service
United Healthcare Dental
- United Healthcare Dental PPO
Locations & DirectionsPreferred Dental Associates, 7810 17th Ave, Brooklyn, NY
Dr. Illya A Tarasenko is similar to the following 3 Dentists near Brooklyn, NY.