2.0

Neutral

Cleanliness

Have you seen Dr. Iveta Iontcheva-Barehmi?

Not Holistic, unprofessional

Went to Dr. Iveta Iontcheva-Barehmi for a cleaning and to check a tooth that was bothering me. She wouldn't clean my teeth because "you can't even open your mouth" and said I had an infection and needed to get the tooth out asap before a cleaning was peeformed because it couldn't be done. She did a partial evaluation instead of a full one because in her opinion the shape I was in she wouldn't even attempt x-rays. I left the office extremely upset by the diagnosis thinking I had an infection so I began to take the antibiotic she prescribed and said I needed to even begin to think of operating two days later. I wondered why the antibiotics wereb't making a difference. So after sleeping on it, my gut said something felt not right and I went to another dentist that was recommended by someone in the family. This time, the dentist started with x-rays and with all of the Dr's official classes and lights performed a FULL evaluation of my mouth and no mention of an infection. I asked avout it and she said I didn't have one but that the tooth was simply irritating my cheek the way it had shifted. The second place put me at ease and felt professional from the minute I walked in the door to the time I left. I hope this helps anyone who needs to be informed that Dr. Iveta Iontcheva-Barehmi can misdiagnose you and to not expect holistic treatment at her office. Uncomfortable experience to say the least. After some salt water gargles and rest my mouth is much better and manageable to decide what plan of action to take fot my oral health next.

Satisfaction

Not if she was the last dentist on earth

I like that she was a holistic dentist, so choose her when I decided to change dentist. My son chipped his tooth and she did a great job of repairing it. His next appointment was for a cleaning, but rather than cleaning his teeth, she took it upon herself to fill his cavities without checking with me. So when we schedule his cleaning, she mentions my copay for the visit. I told her that I should not have a co pay, I had never paid a co pay before and was never charged a deductible or co insurance. When I got home, I looked up my insurance and realized she was an out of network dentist. My fault, I should have done my research. So I called the next day to cancel my future appointments, because I really can’t afford the out of network fees. Which is what I told the receptionist. Not even an hour later, Dr. Barehmi calls me and tells me that she is an in network provider and that I will be paying a deductible and coinsurance no matter where I go. She was practically yelling at me, not letting me answer any of her statements. I finally managed to get in that I really just needed her to cancel my appointments because I couldn’t afford the extra payments and that I needed to check with my insurance before I went back there. Two days later she calls me back telling me that she checked with my insurance provider and she is an in network provider, I will pay these fees no matter where I go, I told her I was looking right at my benefits and for in network there was no deductible and no co insurance for group 2 services. She told me I was wrong, started yelling at me that I was going to pay these where ever I went, so I told her I would take my chances and find a new dentist, she asked why I would risk that. I think she honestly thought I would stay there after the way she treated me. She kept going on telling me that I didn’t understand my insurance, I must be mistaken about not paying co insurance in the past, every time I tried to rebut something she said, she would start talking cutting me off, so I finally just kept talking and she had the nerve to ask me to stop talking because she was. I stated “No, you have been cutting me off this entire conversation.” At that point I was done, I knew nothing was going to be resolved, so I just hung up on her. I don’t need to be yelled at. No matter what my reason is for leaving your practice, be professional about and let it go. Yelling at a client is no way to keep them. I'm only giving her 1 star for overall because i can't give zero stars.

• Similiar Dentists

Dr. Iveta Iontcheva-Barehmi is similar to the following 4 Dentists near Brookline, MA.