Binge Eating Disorder
Get the facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms, causes and related conditions.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Book Online Now
About Dr. James E Covan Jr
Dr. James E Covan Jr, DMD is a Dentist primarily located in Pensacola, FL. His specialties include General Dentistry. He speaks English.
Dr. James E Covan Jr has the following 1 specialty
- General Dentistry
Dr. James E Covan Jr has the following 8 expertise
- Root Canal
- Dental Check-up
Dr. James E Covan Jr has 0 board certified specialties
Showing 5 of 9
This dental office was my family's worst dentist experience ever since we moved to Pensacola, FL from San Diego about a year ago. My husband and I gave them a chance to improve for over a year but they remained consistently poor in customer service skills. The front office staff is not friendly. Our situation may be a little unique because we get perio maintenance done every six months along with our regular cleanings every six months, seeing the dentist every 3 months coming on an alternating basis. We were told they dont call the insurance for situations like ours but previous dental offices always took good care of us. Its not our job to know dental and insurance codings. At every visit, there's no friendly and warm welcome. No smiles from the obviously busy staff. The hygienists would not listen to our needs. The dental service was not as thorough in servicing us and the staff including Dr. Covan is not very personable. Information was lacking before anything was performed. There's nothing special about each visit. I complained previously and asked Dr.Covan to call me but I never got a callback. Additionally, Robin was the only one who did the insurance billings. It was always incorrect. Every time I would call she was either unavailable or not in the office. When I would leave a message for her to return my call, I'd wait at least 2 or more business days for me to receive a call back. The tone of voice was unpleasant and you could hear no smile through the delivery of her words. For example, I called several times before the New Year holiday and left 2 messages on 2 different days and Robin still didn't call me back. When I called on Jan 2nd, she answered the phone and didn't apologize for the delay in response. I felt as if she didn't care about my concerns. As I explained the issue I was having, she breathed heavily giving an impression that she was irritated and getting impatient with me because I was asking clarifying questions. At the end of the dental visits, the front desk ladies aren't pleasant and you feel rushed to get out of there. We met Annie there about a few months ago and she's knowledgeable, thorough and caring. She was the only employee worth recognizing later in our time with this dental office, for exceptional customer service for making her patients feel special and cared for during her hard work. Thank you Annie. My suggestion is to focus on improving customer service and that would make a huge difference in the perception this dental office displays.
I have been a patient several years. Office staff and hygienists are always very professional and friendly (hard to find that these days). Office is clean and neat. Dr. Covan takes time to explain any procedures and normally has a funny or interesting story to share while examining your teeth. One last note, you never feel rushed by Dr. Covan or his staff. They really are the best dental practice I've ever had the pleasure of being a patient.
Dr. James E Covan Jr accepts the following insurance providers.
- Ameritas PPO
- Assurant DHA Premier
- BCBS AL Preferred Dentists
- CIGNA Total DPPO
- Delta Dental PPO
- Delta Dental Premier
Dental Network of America
- Dental Network of America DPPO
- DenteMax Dental
- Dominion Dental PPO
- Guardian DentalGuard Preferred
- MetLife PDP
- Principal Dental PPO
- United Concordia Advantage Plus PPO
- United Concordia Alliance
- United Concordia National Fee-For-Service
United Healthcare Dental
- United Healthcare Dental PPO
Locations & DirectionsJames E Covan Jr Dmd, 7010 W Highway 98, Pensacola, FL
Dr. James E Covan Jr is similar to the following 3 Dentists near Pensacola, FL.