Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. James D Douglass III
Dr. James D Douglass III, DDS is a Dentist primarily located in Fayetteville, NC. His specialties include General Dentistry. He speaks English.
Book Online Now
Dr. James D Douglass III has the following 1 specialty
- General Dentistry
A dentist is a doctor who diagnoses and treats oral health issues. The most basic services dentists provide are preventative and regular maintenance treatments such as cleanings, fluoride treatments, X-rays (to look for cavities), cavity fillings. He or she also provides advice on proper brushing, flossing, and rinsing for the prevention of plaque buildup.
Dr. James D Douglass III has the following 9 expertise
- Dental Check-up
- Root Canal
- Teeth Cleaning
Dr. James D Douglass III accepts the following insurance providers.
- Ameritas PPO
- Assurant DHA
- Assurant DHA Premier
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
BCBS North Carolina
- BCBS NC Blue Value
- BCBS NC BlueOptions
- CIGNA Radius Network
- CIGNA Total DPPO
- CompBenefits PPO
- Delta Dental DeltaCare USA
- Delta Dental PPO
- Delta Dental Premier
Dental Network of America
- Dental Network of America DPPO
- DenteMax Dental
- Guardian DentalGuard Preferred
- Humana Dental PPO
- MetLife PDP
- Principal Dental PPO
- United Concordia Advantage Plus PPO
- United Concordia Alliance
- United Concordia National Fee-For-Service
United Healthcare Dental
- United Healthcare Dental PPO
More about Dr. James D Douglass III
Dr. James Douglass Jr. is the son of James D. Douglass Sr., D.D.S. (1904-1988) who practiced dentistry for 50 years at Person Street in Fayetteville, NC. James D. Douglass Sr. was among the first black dentist in Fayetteville and a respected community leader. James D. Douglass Jr. was a graduate of E.E. Smith high school in 1959 and went on to major in Biology at Hampton University in Hampton, Virgina. Subsequently he entered Meharry Medical College in Nashville, Tennessee and graduated in 1968. After graduation he stayed on as an instructor in operative dentistry from 1969-1975. He then won a fellowship to the University of Michigan and earned a post-doctural degree in operative dentistry. He maintained a private practice in Ann Arbor and joined the University as an Assistant Professor from 1978-1984. Dr. Douglass Jr. finally returned to Fayetteville in 1985 to reopen his father's practice at 321 Moore Street. The office remained at this location until the winter of 1999 when the practice was moved to its current location at 101 Wall Street. Dr. Douglass Jr. is now semi-retired after 42 years of dental practice. Dr. James D. Douglass III is the son of Dr. James D. Douglass Jr. He graduated from Huron high school in Ann Arbor, Michigan in 1981. He finished Hampton University in Hampton, Virginia in 1988. Afterwards he entered graduate school at Howard University in Washington, D.C. and graduated in 1992. From the years of 1994 - 2000, he served as a Lieutenant in the United States Navy. During his time in the service he practiced as a dentist in Paris Island, South Carolina and Okinawa, Japan. Then in October 2000 he came to Fayetteville and joined his father in family practice at 101 Wall Street. Joi Dyanne Douglass-Slankard graduated from Huron High School in Ann Arbor, Michigan. She entered North Carolina Central University where she graduated with a major in art. After which she recieved her Associates Degree in Dental Lab Technology from Durham Technical Community College. Dr. James and Bernice Douglass who have been married for 48 years, have 6 children and 9 grandchildren. Dr. Douglass Jr. loves golf and Mrs. Douglass loves reading. They returned to Fayetteville in 1985 to take over the practice of his father, Dr. James D. Douglass Sr. D. D.S.
Locations & DirectionsDOUGLASS FAMILY DENTISTRY, 101 Wall St, Fayetteville, NC
Dr. James D Douglass III is similar to the following 4 Dentists near Fayetteville, NC.