Type 2 Diabetes
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Book Online Now
About James McDonald Jr. Jr
James McDonald Jr. Jr, DMD is a Dentist primarily located in Athens, GA, with other offices in Winder, GA and Gainesville, GA . He has 40 years of experience. His specialties include Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery, General Dentistry and Anesthesiology. James McDonald Jr. Jr is affiliated with Athens Regional Medical Center and St Marys Healthcare System.
James McDonald Jr. Jr has the following 3 specialties
- Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery
An oral & maxillofacial surgeon is a physician who surgically corrects conditions of the mouth and surrounding facial structures including the head, neck and jaws. These doctors usually start out as dentists before undertaking extensive surgical and medical training.
- General Dentistry
Anesthesiologists are physicians who are trained to administer anesthetics, which are medicines used to block nerve sensation. Anesthesia can be either local to one specific part of a body, like a tooth, or regional to block feeling to a larger portion of the body, such as during an epidural for child birth. It can also be more general to block sensation to the entire body, resulting in unconsciousness.
Anesthesiologists assist in surgery by determining how much anesthesia is necessary and by monitoring the patient's level of responsiveness and vital signs throughout the procedure. The anesthesia specialist will also bring the patient out of anesthesia and then continue to monitor his or her vital signs post-operation.
Besides assisting in surgeries, anesthesiologists may also treat patients suffering from chronic pain.
James McDonald Jr. Jr has the following 6 expertise
- Dental Implants
- Impacted Wisdom Teeth
- Jaw Defects
- Sleep Apnea
- TMJ Disorders
- Tooth/Bone Loss
James McDonald Jr. Jr has 0 board certified specialties
Showing 4 of 4
I am not a fan of having tooth work done, in general, and my experience with Dr. McDonald was wonderful. I had zero pain throughout all of the procedures performed and had only minimal pain during recovery (I was able to take only tylenol/motrin and did not ever have to take any stronger or prescription pain medications). The staff was courteous and explained the procedures/post-op recovery and answered all of my questions. I would highly recommend Dr. McDonald to anyone, and in fact, have done so already.
McDonald Jr. is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
Athens Regional Medical Center
St Marys Healthcare System
40 Years Experience
Medical College Of Georgia School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1977
Please contact the office for more information.
Locations & Directions
James McDonald Jr. Jr is similar to the following 3 Dentists near Athens, GA.