Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. James McDonald Jr
Dr. James McDonald Jr, DMD is a Dentist primarily located in Watkinsville, GA, with other offices in Gainesville, GA and Athens, GA (and 2 other locations). He has 41 years of experience. His specialties include General Dentistry and Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery. Dr. McDonald Jr has received 1 award. He speaks English.
Book Online Now
Dr. James McDonald Jr has the following 2 specialties
- General Dentistry
A dentist is a doctor who diagnoses and treats oral health issues. The most basic services dentists provide are preventative and regular maintenance treatments such as cleanings, fluoride treatments, X-rays (to look for cavities), cavity fillings. He or she also provides advice on proper brushing, flossing, and rinsing for the prevention of plaque buildup.
- Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery
Dr. James McDonald Jr has the following 6 expertise
- Jaw Defects
- Tooth/Bone Loss
- Sleep Apnea
- TMJ Disorders
- Impacted Wisdom Teeth
- Dental Implants
Showing 4 of 4
I am not a fan of having tooth work done, in general, and my experience with Dr. McDonald was wonderful. I had zero pain throughout all of the procedures performed and had only minimal pain during recovery (I was able to take only tylenol/motrin and did not ever have to take any stronger or prescription pain medications). The staff was courteous and explained the procedures/post-op recovery and answered all of my questions. I would highly recommend Dr. McDonald to anyone, and in fact, have done so already.
Patients' Choice Award (2017, 2018)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
41 Years Experience
Medical College Of Georgia School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1977
Dr. James McDonald Jr accepts the following insurance providers.
- Ameritas PPO
- Delta Dental PPO
- Delta Dental Premier
- MetLife PDP
- Principal Dental PPO
More about Dr. James McDonald Jr
Dr. James McDonald is a Board Certified Oral & Maxillofacial Surgeon serving the Athens, Winder and Commerce areas for more than 25 years. Dr. McDonald is experienced in Dental Implants, Bone Grafting, ...
Locations & Directions
Dr. James McDonald Jr is similar to the following 4 Dentists near Watkinsville, GA.