Get the facts about birth control so you can decide which type is right for you.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Jan Hu has the following 2 specialties
- Pediatric Dentistry
- General Dentistry
A dentist is a doctor who diagnoses and treats oral health issues. The most basic services dentists provide are preventative and regular maintenance treatments such as cleanings, fluoride treatments, X-rays (to look for cavities), cavity fillings. He or she also provides advice on proper brushing, flossing, and rinsing for the prevention of plaque buildup.
- Dental Check-up
- Fissure Sealants
- Pulp Treatment
- Tooth Decay
Showing 1 of 1
My child was refused service because I was not present. (He was having pain and needed to a tooth pulled) I’m the main/only care taker of my son(s) but the day he had an appointment I accepted an offer to work 7 hours because it was right before christmas. My father was kind enough to drive my son 45 minutes to his appointment. I was made aware by child protective services that the Ann Arbor pediatric dentistry called in a complaint stating A: My child was left unattended by parent guardian as his appointment and B: My son had red dots in his throat, which often come from oral sexual abuse. And yes, since the case was “Denied” by DHS the report was read to me word for word. My son was seen by a pediatrician who stated my son had petechiae which is red spots (with no symptoms) that can come from eating potato chips, choking on food, crying, vomiting, internal pressure from passing a bowel movement, anemia or blood clotting disorders...my son had three spots in the back of his throat the size of mosquito bites. Petechiae when in the shape of a severe bruise CAN come from oral abuse. I suggest the Ann Arbor Pediatric Dentistry google some images. Child Protective services came to our home searched our house and asked my child questions I can only hope he will forget. To make it worse my son was having pain in his tooth BECAUSE HE WAS REFUSED SERVICE DUE TO MY ABSENCE we returned back to Ann Arbor Pediatric Dentistry because it was the only place he could be seen as soon as possible. My son’s tooth had to be pulled, he waited two weeks with pain beauce instead of doing their job they were calling “CPS”. To top it off they didn't even bother to put a spacer between his teeth so they didn't grow in crooked. Thanks to our new Dentist in Canton my son has a spacer between his teeth and my son’s grandparents can help out when I have to work and I don’t have to worry about my kids being denied dental services. Best of best I don’t have to worry about the Dentist calling CPS if my kid has spots in his throat. The only thing I can say about Ann Arbor Pediatric Dentistry: RUN and RUN AS FAST as you possibly can in the opposite direction.
Dr. Hu is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
C.S. Mott Children's Hospital
26 Years Experience
National Taiwan University
Graduated in 1985
Dr. Jan Hu accepts the following insurance providers.
- MetLife PDP
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsUniversity of Michigan School of Dentistry, 1011 N University Ave, Ann Arbor, MI
Dr. Jan Hu is similar to the following 3 Dentists near Ann Arbor, MI.