Get the facts about birth control so you can decide which type is right for you.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Book Online Now
Dr. Jay C Platt has the following 2 specialties
- Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery
An oral & maxillofacial surgeon is a physician who surgically corrects conditions of the mouth and surrounding facial structures including the head, neck and jaws. These doctors usually start out as dentists before undertaking extensive surgical and medical training.
- General Dentistry
A dentist is a doctor who diagnoses and treats oral health issues. The most basic services dentists provide are preventative and regular maintenance treatments such as cleanings, fluoride treatments, X-rays (to look for cavities), cavity fillings. He or she also provides advice on proper brushing, flossing, and rinsing for the prevention of plaque buildup.
Dr. Jay C Platt has the following 6 expertise
- Sleep Apnea
- Dental Implants
- Jaw Defects
- Impacted Wisdom Teeth
- TMJ Disorders
- Tooth/Bone Loss
Dr. Jay C Platt has 0 board certified specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Showing 5 of 12
My family has required Dr. Platt's services on more than one occasion and I have to say that Dr. Platt and his staff exceeded my expectations in every way. No one "wants" to go to the oral surgeon, but our experiences were as painless as possible. The tone in any medical office is set by the doctor/dentist. Everyone that we encountered was warm and professional. I felt we were in very good hands and what could have been a miserable experience was easy and over quickly. I would not hesitate to go back or recommend Dr. Platt to others.
Patients' Choice Award (2015, 2016, 2017, 2018)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
32 Years Experience
Indiana University School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1986
Please contact the office for more information.
Locations & DirectionsJay C Platt Dds Oral Surgery And Dental Implant Center, 322 US Highway 41 Ste 100, Schererville, IN
Dr. Jay C Platt is similar to the following 3 Dentists near Schererville, IN.