- Ulcerative Colitis Get the facts about ulcerative colitis, including what causes it, signs and symptoms, and complications that can arise from the condition.
- Psoriatic Arthritis Get the facts about psoriatic arthritis, including who gets it, the symptoms, and the different types.
- Adult Asthma Get the facts about adult asthma, including who gets it, what triggers it, and how allergies can affect it.
- Fibromyalgia Get the facts about fibromyalgia, including the symptoms and conditions that may be related to it.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Jennifer M Buchanan DDS
Dr. Jennifer M Buchanan, DDS is a doctor primarily located in San Rafael, CA. Their specialties include General Dentistry. They speak English.
Dr. Jennifer M Buchanan has the following 1 SPECIALTIES
Dr. Jennifer M Buchanan has the following 9 expertise
- Root Canal
- Teeth Cleaning
- Dental Check-up
Dr. Jennifer M Buchanan Accepts the Following Insurance
More about Dr. Jennifer M Buchanan
About Dr. Buchanan Dr. Jennifer Buchanan earned her degree in dentistry from UCSF School of Dentistry in 1987, and worked at the UCSF Center for Temporomandibular Disorders and Orofacial Pain for five years, both as a post-graduate student and as a voluntary clinical instructor. She practiced general dentistry for ten years before focusing her practice solely on the treatment of orofacial pain and temporomandibular disorders. Dr. Buchanan completed additional coursework at UCSF and passed her board exams in Orofacial Pain in 1999. She began the study and treatment of snoring and sleep apnea in 2007, and has completed serious study at UCLA in the field of Dental Sleep Medicine. Dr. Buchanan's interest in temporomandibular disorders and orofacial pain is a personal one. She suffered with "TMJ" pain and disfunction since the age of 13, and was treated by many dentists unsuccessfully with analysis and adjustments to her bite. When she went to dental school and studied with Dr. Charles McNeill, she began to understand the nature of orthopedic injuries, the role of habitual movement patterns and a bio-psycho-social model for temporomandibular disorders. With greater awareness and understanding of her own chronic pain problem, she was able to treat herself and has been pain-free for over 15 years. "I'm able to treat my patients from both my professional depth of knowledge as well as my personal experience with a temporomandibular disorder". Dr. Buchanan is a Diplomate of the American Board of Orofacial Pain, and a Fellow in the American Academy of Orofacial Pain. She is a member of these professional associations: American Pain Society American Headache Society Headache Cooperative of the Pacific American Academy of Sleep Medicine American Academy of Dental Sleep Medicine The Marin County, California and American Dental Associations.